jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Should a guy stay with his girlfriend if they get along every way except in bed?

1. pb3131 profile image71
    pb3131posted 7 years ago

Should a guy stay with his girlfriend if they get along every way except in bed?

What are the chances of things working out long term, if every other aspect of a relationship is good, but there aren't any fireworks in the bedroom ?

2. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

We can always learn new tricks in bed!  It's like a sport, just takes practice.  Who wouldn't want to practice with their partner?  See if you two can try some new things in and out of the bedroom that help foster more attraction.  I started with myself and changing my diet, exercise, and hobbies and thought to myself, "Would I want to go to bed with me?"  That prompted some necessary changes forthwith.

3. exquisitestill profile image59
    exquisitestillposted 7 years ago

Well the chances could be great, if issues are discussed and dealt with. The bedroom experience is an area that can be improved

4. ForkArtJunkie profile image61
    ForkArtJunkieposted 7 years ago

That depends. "Fireworks in the bedroom" is not really a high priority for me. If I loved that person, and things were fantastic in other areas, I would probably be satisfied. However, not everyone is the same. For some, it's really a big deal. I think my best advice would be if the guy tries to spice it up, in the relationship he's in. Another way to look at it, it may be the woman is tired, expected to do too much, and doesn't feel much like having sex. It's hard to know with the limited amount of information.

5. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 7 years ago

All it takes is talking! No reason to leave just because the sex isn't "amazing."

6. R.Cochran profile image82
    R.Cochranposted 7 years ago

That's a question that a lot people have varying answers on and it really depends on the people involved. Age can play a big role in sexual desire, if you are 20 something it tends to be a more important issue than if you are a 60something.
    People tend to think that sex plays a far too important role in relationships. Though, when one when person feels neglected when it comes to sex, it maybe harder to justify the need to stay in the relationship even if they are compatible in other areas.

7. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

It depends upon the guy.  If everything else is spectacular, it might make for a good long term commitment, but if you are asking this question...I would have to say that you should bail.

8. mrshinyshoes profile image59
    mrshinyshoesposted 7 years ago

No.  For most men, including myself, sex is an integral part of a man's well-being and identity. To deny him that necessity would be wrong and unnatural.  You can be friends for life, but to exist as "boyfriend-girlfriend" (i.e., a couple) would be next to impossible.  Personally, I need a strong sexual relationship with my g.f., and if there isn't one, there isn't a real boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

9. Tati Irodova profile image69
    Tati Irodovaposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on whether the issues in the bedroom can be worked out or not. If it's just due to the lack of passion between the partners, then it is easier and less painful to end the relationship at an earlier stage. A relationship without intimacy is called friendship. IMHO

10. LittleStash profile image69
    LittleStashposted 7 years ago

Maybe.  Sex is pretty important in a relationship--it's more than "icing on the cake"--so it's best if you have that aspect working.  Some relationships might function perfectly well without sex, but then they're not really boyfriend/girlfriend-type relationships, are they?  If you are a couple, and the sex is not working, then it represents an excellent opportunity for extensive exploration of improvement in that part of the relationship, through talking, giving, sharing, and experimenting with each other, and that's pretty fun, don't you think?

11. lookatmenow profile image67
    lookatmenowposted 7 years ago

lol this question is so weird...are you sure whoever this guy is, is attracted to her physically? because that can be a big factor that the guy will have to work out, but you really cant make your self physically attracted to someone.  Sexual intimacy adds a whole new dimension to the level and I don't know about the guy and people out there, but I think it is extremely important to be attracted on all levels to whoever you are with.
    The whole point of feeling that feeling over a special person, is because that person is special, in all levels

So, no the relationship will eventual fail if there is no growth..and im surpised the woman hasn't left yet, usually when the man is the less sexual one, the woman wants ti all the time.  I just can only see 2 individuals being together without sexual intimacy for stupid ulterior motives...like trying to please everyone else

Also...are you this guy is straight?  Being dealing with sexuality these days hits all ages, ESPECIALLY anyone in their older years

12. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 7 years ago

I think that if the relationship is good in every other way, then the bedroom problems may be due to the lack of commitment and not getting married.  Sex is best when it is in the commitment of marriage because that is the most secure environment for the woman.

A woman needs the security of marriage to give herself fully in every way, body and soul. Without that security, she may be holding herself back, wondering if it's going to work out.