jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have cheated on my Girl friend. I did not know to what extent because I black

1. profile image47
    serjagposted 7 years ago

I have cheated on my Girl friend.  I did not know to what extent because I blacked out.  She...

found out the truth of the matter once I found out the name of the girl.  I love my girl friend and want to mend our relationship.  She has not given me any indication what she wants.  We have not held a real conversation in over a week.  She says she needs time and that she will talk to me when she knows what she wants to say.  Is there anything I can do to begin to fix what I have broken?  I am in Iraq right now and will be home in a month or so.  But untill then I am lost like a blind man in a desert.

2. HellProofx8x profile image54
    HellProofx8xposted 7 years ago

Coming from someone who has been cheated on, it definitely hurts. When you said you "blacked out", does that mean you were intoxicated?  Regardless, what you should really do is prove that you love her and you'll never cheat again. Trust is hard to gain back, but it is possible. A relationship can't work without trust.  Of course she needs time to think and she probably is really hurting. Show her that you're sincerely sorry and try to repair things the best you can. Hope it works out for you.

3. Michael Davis profile image88
    Michael Davisposted 7 years ago

Give her time and space and show your love for her by showing her that you are willing to wait patiently. Getting in a hurry will only drive her away. Once she is ready to talk be totally honest and find concrete ways of reconciling with her.

4. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

Everyone makes mistakes but you need to be clear about what you want. Do you really have respect for your relationship? If the answer is yes then why did you put yourself in a position to cheat in the first place? Losing trust in a relationship is a difficult thing to repair but it's not impossible. The best thing you can do at this point is give her space but at the same time let her know you are sorry and be willing to do what it takes to gain her trust and respect again. I hope this was a learning lesson for you. She will need to see that you are sincerely willing to change. Good luck with this!

working