What is your interpretation of dating someone? Do you think people play the fiel

1. tdebrick profile image62
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

What is your interpretation of dating someone? Do you think people play the field too much now?

Do you think dating has changed from 10 years ago?

2. Bronson_Hub profile image60
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

The safest way to go about answer this one would be to make a disclaimer for ourselves noting that our bias is influenced by the scope of our own social circle and behaviors.

So here's a window into mine.

If by playing the field you mean dating a lot of people at the same time, not telling them about it, and leading them all on into thinking there's exclusivity among everyone involved, yes, I believe that increased somewhat. 

I recently removed myself from what I thought was an exclusive relationship when I discovered the girl I was with, who did the whole, "I'm falling for you, I can't wait to see you xoxoxo (insert unique nickname here)" sent that exact same message to 3 other people simultaneously.  It tore me up inside, to say the least.

In the scope of online dating, the addiction to attention and ease of being anonymous almost guarantees that playing the field behavior will increase but it doesn't mean everyone will do it.

3. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Dating is spending quality time with someone before deciding if you want to be in a serious or committed relationship with them.  Dating has changed because of technology over the years, it's so easy to text and to follow eachother on Facebook/Twitter etc, so it may seem more fast-passed then 10 years ago, though it doesn't neccessarily mean that someone is playing the field more.