jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when you are unkindly or unfairly treated or hurt by someone you

1. Dennis Pace profile image61
    Dennis Paceposted 7 years ago

What do you do when you are unkindly or unfairly treated or hurt by someone you love?

2. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

When i am treated unkindly and unfairly by someome i love i try to always remind myself that they too are human and this to shall pass. And i also take example from myself for when i unjustly hurt someone i love and then realize how mean i have been.

3. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

...retreat. ponder.. understand this is nature of human beings.. then forgive.

4. JenSet profile image61
    JenSetposted 7 years ago

I try to figure out why they treated me like that, & if maybe I've hurt them recently. If there is no good reason then I will reevaluate our relationship, maybe pull back a bit until we're on the same page again. I think a lot of times people mistreat others when they are unhappy with things going on in their own life. If you really love them continue to be supportive, but also let them know that they hurt you, and that you will not continue to be treated badly especially if you are treating them well.

5. phoenix_028@yahoo profile image60
    phoenix_028@yahooposted 7 years ago

Learn and analyze... if the relationship is still worth keeping lay down your cards and speak from the heart, it the maltreatment still persists I suggest its better to find a new love.

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. With relatives, its a sticky situation to deal with. I try to find a reason to forgive the person. And depending on the situation I will also decide that person will no longer hold the place he/she once held in my life. I will attempt to interact with the person in a positive manner and if possible let them know they hurt me or let me down. Their reaction to my expression of the pain they caused me will determine if we continue to interact with each other.

7. saesha profile image58
    saeshaposted 7 years ago

kind of like what others said, but I want to add that sometimes I will impulsively do hurtful things to a close friend if I feel they did something bad to me. In the end I realize that sometimes they did not mean to offend me.
    It could be that if you are unkindly treated, it is because of something you did without knowing it. It's a natural law of cause and effect. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Although sometimes you genuinely did not provoke something, in the wrongdoer's mind there is usually a reason.
    If the reason is stupid, they don't deserve your love. As much as they are human, there are people out there who are better deserving of your attention - people who could really appreciate your presence.

8. Variety Writer profile image62
    Variety Writerposted 7 years ago

This is a tuff one. This happened to me several times and I don't think I will ever get over it. It hurts deeply. Time and prayer helps though.

working