Are looks important to the first impression.

1. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 6 years ago

Are looks important to the first impression.

Shallow thou it may seem, I think looks are important to a first impression. But, not once the personality comes forth. I would love to meet people blindfolded and then decide if looks are important.

2. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

Whether we like to admit it or not, they are important.  We tend to size people up visually normally before we exchange our first words with them.  Appearance speaks to personality and maybe even more in today's society.  In job interviews, the visuals are extremely important because most companies are sizing you up as to how you present yourself potentially to their customers.  I agree with your statement which tends to say that getting to know the person can overcome the first impression of look but I think, at least in the business world, there is no viable room for that interaction.  WB

3. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 6 years ago

You are correct there Wayne. I used to work in advertising at management level and am afraid fell into my own trap whilst interviewing prospective employees. AS the years have rolled on I have learnt that looks are so deceptive, a suit does not maketh the man. Blowing my own trumpet, I am an excellent carer and have had two interviews for work in the past three weeks. I was pipped to the post by another girl I know very well, who although does her job to the best of her ability, I would not employ at all.She is tidy, well spoken but with a heart of stone once you know her. I on the other hand, have the untidiest head of hair imaginable as it is naturally curly, but have the biggest heart going. Just goes to show appearances do count.

working