Should a man have more than one girlfriend or boyfriend at one time?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years ago

Should a man be allowed to be in more than one relationship? For example, dating a woman who he intends to marry but sleeping with a man.

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

allowed to? by whom?

2. Hollie Thomas profile image62
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Depends on whether the couple in question have agreed they want a monogamous relationship. Some couples are completely comfortable with an open relationship.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe God loves diversity, even when humanity doesn't.

I also believe God joins people, marries people, with the bond of love. As long as people are in 'love', they are joined/bonded by God.

Dishonesty however God doesn't like so much... hmm or maybe it is just me that dislikes dishonesty... hmm

I guess to me relationships that are hurtful aren't good relationships. Cheating, having someone 'on the side' to me is hurtful and dishonest, therefore to be avoided.

If you're ashamed to do it in the light of day, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Or as Jesus said, "Do unto others...". So I guess a good rule of thumb is if you don't want it done to you , you shouldn't do it to them.

4. Sneha Sunny profile image85
      Sneha Sunnyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think they should. Be loyal to one person only.

1. profile image0
        Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And why do you believe that?

5. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Nor should a woman have more then one man for that matter. Or another woman if she is in a relationship.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

On average, the average male cannot handle one woman(or relationship) at one time. To attempt to do so by compounding their already flawed make up, would be stupidity in motion.

So, in other words- No! lol

3. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

If all parties are aware of it, more power to him.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure all parties need be aware of it.  As long as the individuals are protecting themselves by not engaging in sex, thereby becoming blinded, there is no problem.  People should always date more than one at a time until they find the right one.

Of course, I'm assuming non-perverted mentality all around.  Anyone who is aware of behavior will spot  indiscretion.

4. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 12 years ago

For me that is an absolute no.  I couldnt imagine being with anyone other then my wife.  Every ounce of love and care I have is for her and no one else.

5. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

I'm in the dating world eight now and I compaire dating to oral surgery. I can only date one women at a time, so I guess I would make a sorry womanizer.

6. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

id say the man is a little screwed up if hes planning on marrying one woman but finds it okay to be sleeping with a man. screwed up if u ask me.

If the woman doesnt know about it someone should tell her, then its her decision to stay with him or go. If she stays then I think maybe shes screwed up as well. lol

as far as "allowed", goes, he is allowed if she allows it.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

no

1. profile image52
      Tulips-smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

seems to like this guy wants to have his cake and eat it too.  Personally I think it depends on the man weather they can see more than one person at a time, however as my wise sister pointed out to me men are indecisive anyway so may be this guy just does not know what he wants.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think he wants to eat more than his cake.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If it is by mutual agreement, sure.  If it is cheating, no.

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I think the most a single person should be seeing at any one time is 37.

38 is just too greedy and doesnt leave time to do the laundry...

36 is OK I guess, but you still might be a little bit horny around midnight.

(note, if two of 36 people are twins, then that just counts as 1 person, since the whole point is having a variety of partners)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

jesus christ

NO NO NO NO

MINE MINE MINE MINE

10. ftclick profile image56
    ftclickposted 12 years ago

should a man?  No. 
    A celebrity man? possibly
    Already in a monogamous intimate relationship?  No
    A college-aged man 18 to mid-20's? I say, yes

still it depends. I am basing this on typical relationships with men & women

11. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

If you're thinking about more than one then i guess there is plenty of time in your hands.

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I don't see why he can't have as many relationships as he wants just as long as EVERYBODY AGREES and he's not sneaking around behind anybody's back.

13. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 12 years ago

I would kick him to the curb----I do not share!!!!

14. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

There has to be love and trust in a relationship, and I can't see how there could be, in an open relationship.  Especially if the couple had children.  This would be a terrible example to set for them.

15. psycheskinner profile image83

I know people in open relationships that seem perfectly happy. I don't think that the fact other people can't imagine it should limit their freedom of choice

1. profile image52
      Tulips-smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think a lot of what goes on in a relationship depends on the couple, if they are happy being in there open relationship why not, as long as there are no lies, game playing involved and the honestly and respect between both partys is there why not just go for it.

I have heard from some people that being in an open relationship keeps there relationship more alive,  weather that is true or not who know!!

16. ubanichijioke profile image74
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

NO!
    NO!!
    NO!!!

17. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

No way . I would not want to be with a man if he had been with another man ever .
    That is not fair to her at all , imagine the diseases you could pass on as well.
    If a man wants to be with another man he shouldn't be engaged to a woman & wreck her life.

18. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

No way!!! But why are you being so sexist? Should a woman who has a good, loving man who adores her be allowed to drop her knickers wherever requested in her social circles???

Believe me, that happens...

19. psycheskinner profile image83

If she wants to and it is an open or polyamorous relationship, sure.  There are some very ancient polydandrous (multi-husband) cultures out there and they are very peaceful societies.

20. magodis profile image65
    magodisposted 12 years ago

If that person need and able, let it happen. But morally there will be certain contradictions. And also for a few more reasons, I suggest to keep one for life and that's all as per the culture of Asian countries.

21. motherinthemaking profile image61
    motherinthemakingposted 12 years ago

life is to short to spend it specualting about things. In my experience if you are questioning something, anything in any area of your life you have already got your answer. Everyone has the right to be happy and that means both parties

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, by the time one asks, one already knows their own answer, but sometimes we just want some validation, or maybe just another opinion.

22. How To Hub profile image58
    How To Hubposted 12 years ago

If I found out my man had been inside a man he would never be back in my bed NEVER ......Not even after all the tests & dozens of showers ...

23. psycheskinner profile image83

But another gal would be somehow better?

1. How To Hub profile image58
      How To Hubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A bit  yes as it is natural for a male and female , wouldn't be as much as a shock , still wouldn't be happy about it tho and want tests done .

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that a man and a women can also have anal sex right?  It's not just two men that do it. 

Glad you married a virgin though.

24. How To Hub profile image58
    How To Hubposted 12 years ago

I do realise that of course  , however the forum is about a guy being unfaithful with a man not another female . My husband had been married before .

CDC fact sheet explains the risks of anal sex. First, "the lining of the rectum is thin and may allow the [HIV] virus to enter the body." Second, "condoms are more likely to break during anal sex than during vaginal sex." These risks don't just apply to HIV. According to the new survey report, the risk of transmission of other sexually transmitted diseases is likewise "higher for anal than for oral sex,"

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More natural? Look at the animals. Animals don't care about the gender as long as they are satisfied. It was even normal just a few centuries ago until it became a social taboo. In fact, Sparta used to encourage men to sleep with each other because they knew they would fight harder for a lover than for a friend.

25. ajayshah2005 profile image47
    ajayshah2005posted 12 years ago

No!i think he is confused.

26. ajayshah2005 profile image47

27. ajayshah2005 profile image47

28. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

One man is surely enough, and too much some times, .....  I presume two women is too much for any man also.  Especially if the women spends as much money as i do, .... ha ha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)