jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how do you catch a liar

1. ravigill551854 profile image67
    ravigill551854posted 7 years ago

how do you catch a liar

lair is in every society. If you play sports you can find this black sheep's. Politics is famous for liars. But how you can catch a liar in general life.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4613339_f260.jpg

2. netslums profile image85
    netslumsposted 7 years ago

For me, it comes naturally. During a conversation, i can "sense" when someone is being untruthful. If that doesn't work, you can usually catch a liar by waiting for a moment where they say something that contradicts an earlier statement. You may not be able to discover which one of the two statements is the lie, but at least you'll know that they are not telling the truth.

3. Sue B. profile image96
    Sue B.posted 7 years ago

I found this to be a very interesting question.
    I have so many thoughts.  First, what is a liar?  We all have lied, does that makes us liars or are we people who have happened to lie before?
    I am assuming a liar is someone who lies often, lying is part of their day-to-day operating, and they are lying to you.
    It has been my experience that a liar can detect another liar.  It is hard to identify deceit when you are truthful- or to even think about looking for it.
    Now if your question is how to catch a liar with your morales intact, I would say that there is no simple answer to this question.  Continuing to be truthful and sticking to facts will normally flush out a liar.  Liars have to spin a web of lies to continue to function.  Eventually, their story will fall apart.  Staying alert and noticing when a small detail does not fit is the best way to catch anyone in a lie.  Once caught, a liar will cover one lie with another but this can go on for only so long.

4. lindagoffigan profile image61
    lindagoffiganposted 6 years ago

Most liars will not stare and will look away because it is difficult to lie about the truth and to think logically at the same time while having eye to eye contact.

working