jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is love to you?

1. perfectperception profile image59
    perfectperceptionposted 7 years ago

What is love to you?

Love is supposed to endure all things and is synonymous with loyalty but not everyone has the same interpretation of love and loyalty.  What is yours?

2. profile image47
    imthatgirl.posted 7 years ago

Is love some made up fantasy in books? Love is overrated i think, books and tv make it seem perfect, but lets have a reality check. Love also involved heartbreak, its not as perfect as its made out to be.

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

I thought I knew...It turned out I don't...

4. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Love is chemically induced insanity meant to make us procreate at a specific time and then refrain from murdering the screaming, crapping, bawling offspring depriving us of sleep, money, or any future beyond being a caregiver. Love is a shackle that we willingly wear thanks to some romanticized notion that it's the best thing in the world.

5. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

My answer to the question is ...

Listen to   ''PERHAPS LOVE ''by John Denver and Placido Domingo  on You Tube

A favourite song of mine which  sums it up pretty well for me ..

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

For me love is contentment in a relationship. It is not static it is a feeling of ahhhh!  We stimulate each other by our presence. We make each other feel valued and we know each other has our back. Love makes a person want to do more for the loved one and more to make life even more beautiful around us.

7. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

That's a complicated concept.  I believe, as I said in one of my hubs, that there are various kinds of love.  There is the kind that is called sibling or familial love.  There is being *in* love (infatuation). There is "agape" love, which an  everlasting, unconditional love.

8. profile image0
    Annabelle Fogertyposted 7 years ago

There are a few different kinds of love, there is human love and there is spiritual love. Human love is the kind of love that makes you feel good. It’s the ooy gooy bodily love that you feel when you are close to the object of your desire. Its sexual love, mother love, familiar love, all rolled into one. Basically, the love that makes you feel good and comfortable.
    Then there is spiritual love. Spiritual love is a higher kind of love than human love. This kind of love isn't about you feeling good. This is a love that is above feeling good and bad. We only attain spiritual love for another when we can feel inside of the other person and sense the fulfillment of their desires as our own pleasure.
    Ok, that sounds confusing. Let's say this a different way. With human love, we feel good about our own fulfilled desires. With spiritual love, we feel good through the fulfillment of our loved one's desires. There is nothing wrong with human love, in fact that kind of natural love is what makes the world go around. We need it to make children and keep families together. But spiritual love is the next degree, it’s a higher level of consciousness and a more ideal state of being. Really, spiritual love is the ultimate goal of creation and for all people. We just don't know it yet. That is the reason we seek love so passionately. That is why we are so preoccupied with what love means and why no one really seems to know what love is even though we proclaim it and say it all the time.

9. trixy123 profile image56
    trixy123posted 7 years ago

Love is never stuffed up, never puffed up, it never gives up when the goings ruff, it's the biggest little word you can say! It's simpathy, sincerity, it's charity,it's the main vairiety of everything happiness is made of and it's best when shared with a friend!