jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do i become independent? I am in a relationship where i am treated like a b

1. profile image45
    deegarr8posted 7 years ago

How do i become independent? I am in a relationship where i am treated like  a baby. He controls all

I am in a relationship where my husband controls everything. The money is the biggest  thing he controls. I feel helpless. i want some independence. How do i get it

2. profile image0
    Marge42posted 7 years ago

Talk to him about you having a spending account...........

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Have you discussed your feelings of being controlled with him? I've found that many men have an innate protective instinct over their kids, wives, significant others, etc. and taking care of every aspect of life that they can is their way to show that they care. He may not even realize that this bothers you, and may think that this is a way that he can show you that he cares by not making you worry about all the little details of life. Find a time that's convenient for both of you when you both have plenty of time, then sit down and have a calm, constructive conversation about it. Granted, some men really are controlling, but his reaction to the subject should tell you all you need to know about the nature of these controlling actions.

4. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

communication... maybe he doesn't realize that you are feeling controlled. Or, maybe he is just a controlling person and that is how he will always be. If that is the case, you have to decide which is better... your independence or your marriage.