jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you get over a cheating partner?

1. Fraser Nuttall profile image58
    Fraser Nuttallposted 7 years ago

How do you get over a cheating partner?

Having nightmares, trouble sleeping and being productive during the day. I can't get it off my mind, any suggestions?

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

You don't get over them, get rid of them.  I think you should write down exactly how you feel, express your feelings and how this has affected you and send it to that person whether via email, text message, but it must be written because the odds of them wanting to speak with you may be slim.  I don't know I may be wrong, but write out every single feeling that you have in regards to how you feel and you will feel better.  Slowly but surely you will return to you and things will become sane. 

Vonda G. Nelson

3. Glen619 profile image57
    Glen619posted 7 years ago

Just take a deep breath and send in a big mail to your partner telling her how you feel once this is off you do some activities which refreshes your minds such as socialize with people, go out for a party, involve yourself in sports. The more you think about it the more you will hurt yourself.

4. theseus profile image80
    theseusposted 7 years ago

Forgive..that is the most effective way to deal with it.
    Only when you have the courage to do that can you get over the cheating partner.

5. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

Many couple's I've worked with, use the emotional or sexual affair as a transformative relationship tool. They do this by learning by learning to communiate during  corrective-bonding events at the attachment level of their relationship.

Healthy couples also use their affiars as a starting point for learning how to effectively communicate, listen-for and meet each others' core-relationship needs through systematic action planning and follow through. Learning how to affair proof the relationship through effective boundary setting can also make the relationship much stronger than it ever was before the affair. The opposite of an affair is meeting each others' needs.

6. Fraser Nuttall profile image58
    Fraser Nuttallposted 6 years ago

Thank you for the advice, my ex and I are totally estranged from each other now, and I am constantly surrounding myself with friends and family to occupy my mind. Writing is something I often do to relieve extreme emotion, particularily poetry. This time however It seems not to be as therapeutic as in the past.

7. goingcrazy profile image59
    goingcrazyposted 6 years ago

I don't know if you ever get over that. I was cheated on plenty of times and I still think about it. Your just going to have to talk about and and try to move on. There are way better things in life then a guy or a girl who doesn't know what he or she really has and can't keep their heads on striaght or their crap in their pants. So hang in there it will get better, but don't hold on to the hurt it will make you crazy and might even ruin any other realtionship you could have.

working