jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What was/is your longest relationship, and do you consider it the happiest?

1. BenWritings profile image78
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

What was/is your longest relationship, and do you consider it the happiest?

How long did it last, or long have you been in one?
    Would you say your current/most recent one was/is your best relationship?

2. theoctopusjar profile image76
    theoctopusjarposted 7 years ago

My longest relationship is the one I'm in now. It's been nearly 2 years, and I do consider it my best and happiest relationship, not to mention these have been the best 2 years I can remember.

Nice question smile

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

My longest relationship was five years, and it was decidedly not my happiest -- thus the reason it ended in divorce. My current relationship is certainly the happiest, and we're going on 2 1/2 years together.

4. arb profile image79
    arbposted 7 years ago

Hi Ben! Forty three years! When she is watching me answer it is the happiest. When she isn't watching it remains the same. But I tell her just enough to keep her guessing! I think she does the same.

5. kallini2010 profile image81
    kallini2010posted 7 years ago

My longest relationship is with my parents and this one spans over forty years now, LOL.  Well, you did not specify what kind of relationship smile

It is not the happiest, but this one has only one option, we don't choose our parents, we live to learn.

Relationship with friends are quite different, but I would not measure them by happiness.  More by duration and the depth of the connection.

As far as romantic relationships go, I was married for 16 years and it is a record from  the wedding day to the day of the marriage dissolution. But I met my ex in 1987, when I was 16 and regardless that the piece of paper says that we are divorced, we are connected forever if for nothing else but for our son.  That makes it 24 years and counting.  Nobody will be like my ex to me and no relationship can be compared to my first marriage.  It will be something completely different.  A different bond.

Was the relationship the happiest?  There is nothing else to compare such relationship with.  Even if I may or may not be in love, love is not marriage.  My dating nowadays does not qualify for such comparisons.

I don't even know how to evaluate relationships on a happiness scale.

Happiness is more of a feeling of euphoria that is more characteristic for infatuation and infatuation is always a beginning of love.  Then other things happen.

I don't even think other people can make me happy.  It is wrong to expect them to do such a thing.

A happy relationship with anyone for me would be the one where I am understood and the one where I can laugh a lot.

Not too much to ask for?

6. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

5 years, I have been with my fiance and we are going to get married in October. Our relationship is trusting and loving which I belive is a reason why couples stay together.

7. profile image51
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

My longest relationship was with family and God shortly followed

8. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

I could say it was longest but not actually happier. But I was happier with one which lasted only around 3 months.

9. atlovesbm profile image73
    atlovesbmposted 7 years ago

So far... Three years smile And I've never been happier!

10. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

My longest relationship was 5 years, and to answer the second question, it felt like 50.

11. StrictlyTan profile image55
    StrictlyTanposted 7 years ago

Well, that depends on the people and the situation of the relationship especially if the realtionship  end after about 5 years whereas compared 2 a three or four month realtionship which could mean nothing and as a result ended really quickly

12. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

It's my relationship with my husband and yes, it is my happiest, most fulfilling relationship. We will celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary this year and have been together for 38 years.

working