jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who is the ultimate decision-maker, wife or husband?

1. mdlawyer profile image39
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Who is the ultimate decision-maker, wife or husband?

2. Lyn.Stewart profile image72
    Lyn.Stewartposted 6 years ago

In truth neither.

Being married means being in a "partnership" ... There will be times when the wife will bend to the husband and there are times the husband bends to the wife.

In reality partners talk about things and explain their individual points of view. If your partner is making more sense than you are you listen to them. If they are not you expect them to listen to you.

If you both make sense and neither wishes to bend then you have to work out a middle ground or agree to disagree on this area.

There is no one person who is the decision maker in most relationships. Unless of course you have chosen a very submissive partner.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Both. A wife and husband come together and make a discision based on their wants and needs combined. They are in this together, leaning on one another for their future.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

A good marriage is a partnership, with each partner wanting what is best for the family as a whole. I can't recall my husband or myself making a big decision without talking it over.  But I also trust him completely and if he needed to make a big decision for our family, I know it would have everyone's best interest at heart.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

The politically correct answer is to say the power is shared.
    However in reality it all depends on what is being considered.
    Very rarely do both people "feel" equally strong about anything.
    Couples learn to pick their battles.
    If it's not a "deal breaker" there is always room for compromise.

working