jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How would you best express your love to your spouse - through actions, words, or

1. mdlawyer profile image37
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

How would you best express your love to your spouse - through actions, words, or silence?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

all of the above. it takes more then just one thing to show love. it has to be from the mind and body, from the heart and from every day things.

3. Alhamora profile image62
    Alhamoraposted 6 years ago

I think it is not universal. You know your spouse better than anyone (I suppose!), you should try what works best.

4. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 6 years ago

All of the above; great effort goes into great relationships.

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Actions are important, but I think, too often, if nobody puts it into words, the other two things can be interpreted as something else (or not interpreted at all). Silence?  I don't really get where that comes in, unless you mean recognizing when your "honey" doesn't feel like talking and respecting that.   hmm

If someone happens to think silence is a form of expressing love, he'd better make sure he explains that to his spouse; because silence is actually one of the behaviors that can fall under the category of "psychological abuse".   hmm

To people who hate "cornball stuff", my apologies; but I can't resist this:

6. Matt in Jax profile image70
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

Actions and words mostly. When to be silent in a relationship is foreign to me. Not very good with that.

7. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

I believe the adage , actions speak louder than words.

8. Inspiremeon profile image57
    Inspiremeonposted 6 years ago

All of them combined...they ALL serve their purpose...

9. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

The best way to express your love in a close emotional relationship is through learning how to listen for and meet core-relationship needs. The specific blending of listening, actions, words or silence is as individual as the person whose relationship defining needs must be met. Both partners must reciprocate in this process continuously in their own unique tango dance.

- Duddy.

10. Rooskaya profile image48
    Rooskayaposted 6 years ago

I would express by words and actions both as both complement each other.

11. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

People are recognized by their deeds, not words.
    However, kind words are always welcome.
    Silence is not good.
    Replace it with sharing and laughter.

12. cottontail profile image60
    cottontailposted 6 years ago

actions and words. never silence. silence is in a relationship is like forgetting to water your plants. do you want to kill your relationship? better to express how you feel smile

13. jon smith profile image57
    jon smithposted 6 years ago

I would say: through listening. You can also call it silence

14. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

All of the above, you should say what you feel; but make it believable through actions, and when all that is implicit just one look at him/her in complete silence will do the work. But they must all be constant. Words are just words, actions speak louder than them. It's not enough to just say I love you all the time if you don't demonstrate it.