jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does money play a big role in relationships?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

Does money play a big role in relationships?

2. Rooskaya profile image47
    Rooskayaposted 6 years ago

It depends upon the person.I have seen people who don't have a lot of money but are still happy with their relationships as they don't let money affect them.Though money is important but we can't judge solely the role of money in relations.

3. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

It can with some partners. Theres a v fine line btw money and love.... I've found that if the love if authentic and free, then money does not matter................

4. mdlawyer profile image39
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

For most, money and its comforts and material security are the pillars of the edifice of love.

5. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Women value security, with money comes security. So from the perspective of a man, you need money to attract women, sad but true. I haven't found a way around this fact, so I've slowly come to accept it, and I've deliberately avoided wasting time/energy on relationships when I was poorer, and spent that time instead trying to build up my wealth. Experience tells me that a woman is capable of loving a poor man, but it never lasts.

6. sholland10 profile image91
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

We were poor as church mice when we got married.  We had a fixed budget that we stuck to and we looked forward to our weekends because that was when we could use our "miscellaneous" money (if there was any left over).  I loved my poor man, and we worked together to build an empire... well, not an empire, but a nice home and we are comfortable. 

I think a mistake that has been made (not excluding myself) is that we give to our kids and they expect too much.  "Toys" are much more expensive and advanced today than they were 40 years ago.  Our kids feel entitled, but it is the parent who will eventually have to say NO so the child can move forward and appreciate his/her own money. 

Someone said that women find security in money.  In some cases that may be true, but there are many career women who would disagree with that statement.  If a woman is looking at your bank account over you as a person, I suggest you keep looking because you will never be able to satisfy that constant "want for things."

7. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy your way out of unhappiness." That line from the classic Hitchcock film, Psycho, has always stuck in my mind because, in so many ways, it rings true. Money
    problems have been cited as one of the top three reasons for divorce today. This alone makes it very obvious that money does play an important role in relationships.
    The primary reason that money plays such a huge role in our personal relationships is that it is the currency around which we build our lives. What we have, what we can do, where we live...all of our basic opportunities are dependent upon having the financial backing to attain them. We can see our dreams fulfilled, both individually and as a couple, if we have the money to make it so.

8. Aair Aaqil profile image37
    Aair Aaqilposted 6 years ago

Generally the less money you have the more stress you are under which makes it more difficult to sustain a healthy relationship. To that end, money is a big role in a relationship but once you are above that threshold it all turns to shades of grey as each individual person is different. Personally I have ambitions on how much money I want to make annually and I want my partner to either want the same or support me in my going for it. And I also want my partner to be ambitious about her income goals and I'd support her the same.

9. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

One thing we all must accept is that life is beautiful when the things (emotional/ material) required are in balance.Too much of positive or negative creates some tussle. Still, the whole thing depends upon the attitude and mentality of the person. From nothing to something is created only through one's will power. Earning money is easier than earning true love. Thus, if there is true love then give a try to earn money through hard work but never sacrifice love for the sake of money. It will be ridiculous.

working