jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever ended a relationship with someone other than (in person)?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Have you ever ended a relationship with someone other than (in person)?

As in: over the phone, via email/text, letter, word of mouth through a friend, status change on Facebook, or you simply vanished/faded-way.... (not responding to calls and various other contact methods)? If so, why?

Most discusssions regarding "breakup methods" are usually done so from the point of view of the person (who was let go).

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I once broke up with someone over the phone because I could not track him down.  He refused to see me in person and I could not find him.  He literally kept hiding from me and would not accept my calls.  I think he knew I was about to dump him.  He thought if he avoided me, I could not dump him.  Not being able to find him only made me angrier, so that did not work for him.  I dumped him when he finally answered one of my calls again.  If he had of answered my calls just a few days sooner, I probably would have given him another chance.

I was also dumped once by a guy via instant messenger.  It was really awful because it was Valentine's Day and I really cared about him.  What made it even worse was that we worked in the same office.  He could have walked into my cubicle and told me in person.  What an evil man!

3. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I have never done it to somoene else, but I have been broken up with via a message to my brother. I was a little offended that she couldn't tell me in person, but it was Jr. High school after all. I guess it was a good thing that I wasn't very into the girl at the time.

4. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

As a preteen and a teen I would do it over the phone because I was too naive to understand the importance of doing it in person.  The later I got into my teen years the more I figured that out and now if I am the one breaking up, I do it in person no matter what.

5. dustbunnie profile image57
    dustbunnieposted 6 years ago

I always did it in person. I always felt that the person I was breaking up with deserved the respect of being told in person.