jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the age range a person (man) is really mature for marriage?

1. Joshuad profile image73
    Joshuadposted 6 years ago

What is the age range a person (man) is really mature for marriage?

2. bodhisattva profile image61
    bodhisattvaposted 6 years ago

24 years. by this age a man complete his studies and two-three years of earnings. so he would have some experiance of social life and house management too.

3. Arlie MacGregor profile image54
    Arlie MacGregorposted 6 years ago

Although it's true that everyone matures at a different rate, I would say that men aren't ready to settle down until their late 20's, and women slightly earlier in their mid-20's.

It takes patience, understanding, compromise and more work than most are willing to put in for a marriage to succeed, and all of those things need one thing: maturity.

Until we are mentally mature, we just aren't willing or able to accommodate another person's needs/wants/desires.

4. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I keep hearing and reading that the male brain isn't finished developing until about age 25,  Supposedly, the last part of the brain to finish is the part where decision making takes place.  If this is true, I would say sometime after 25 for most men.

5. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

In my experience, I wasn't mature until about 28. I got married when I was 30.

6. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

Age is not as important as readiness. Since women mature sooner than men their ages, the man should probably be five years older than the wife. Therefore, a woman, if ready and in love with Mr. Wright, who is also ready and in love with her, should be at least 25 and the man, 30.

There is no certain age for marriage, but if a man or woman knows that they are lacking in necessary readiness for marriage, like the aptness to be unfaithful, they should not ruin someone else's life. Many people are not cognizant enough to be so considerate.

The decrease in societal morals has weakened the family, from parents to children, and caused these once important institutions (marriage and family) to become weaker.