jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is love meant to last?

1. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Is love meant to last?

2. Donna Suthard profile image74
    Donna Suthardposted 6 years ago

In this world, thats the ideal, but not the reality for most people..Everything unlike love shows up in relationships! The secret is not to have expectations. There are relationships that over the long term, have been successful, but it takes alot of forgiveness, honesty, and good communication, for them to work..The most important thing, is to love one another..and to give each other freedom, without jealousy or control..Trust is important...

3. pam2897 profile image65
    pam2897posted 6 years ago

if its real we can only hope for it to last but no one can say it will for sure

4. profile image0
    Aka Professor Mposted 6 years ago

Yes It definitely IS! The secret to making it last , is to always remember why you fell in love in the first place. The biggest mistaken is trying to change the other person!

If they love you and you love them there will be compromises. Both of you will find that a lot of learning about each other is not only necessary but vital!

Keep working at it  throughout all the various stages of the life you both share and it will flourish and grow stronger!
    Is it easy?  NO!
    Is it worth it? YES!
    How do I Know?
    I am married to the same lovely woman who married me 28years ago!

5. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Professor, I am intrigued by what makes a long-lasting couple (I've certailnly not been able to manage it). Congratulations and thanks everyone for weighing in!

6. meow48 profile image73
    meow48posted 6 years ago

i guess i am a little jaded, but, i think only the strong and stubborn ones survive in a marriage.  and it takes two.  I was both strong and stubborn until i realized, this was not where i was supposed to be.  good question.

7. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 6 years ago

Yes...love is everlasting...when you love someone...the right one..it would be forever. Inviting you to drop by and read my hub about LOVE...

8. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 6 years ago

If it's genuine and sincere , well why wont it last? smile

9. titobay profile image69
    titobayposted 6 years ago

Yes.. if you work hard to sustain it. It involves continuous makeover!

working