You can not remain a friend with someone you love, or can you?

1. swb64 profile image61
    swb64posted 6 years ago

You can not remain a friend with someone you love, or can you?

We pass many folks in life and let go, but on very few occasions we just cant let go, so is it best to have no contact at all?

2. nycgrl profile image58
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

I am currently in that situation and I know that eventually I will have to let go. Possibly if he and I had never had a relationship then maybe I could go on and be friends. But I just can't be friends with someone I have had a romantic relationship with. Especially one that I can't seem to get over. Its hard to move on after a breakup as it is, but seeing the person and talking to them all the time won't help. No matter how much you love them. Even if you are strong enough to bear it, what's going to happen when you have to watch them move on and date others? No way, that is what I want to avoid. Because I know I am not strong enough to see him in love with someone else. It's just easier to walk away and live in ignorance. Not because I want to and trust me I will miss him, but I know what I can and can't handle and at the end of the day only I can protect myself from pain and suffering.

3. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

You MUST remain friends with someone you love, in my opinion.  There are so few people in this ole' world with whom you may have a deep rapport that to cast them out of your life because you love them simply doesn't make sense.

Like any decision in life that has long-lasting repercussions, you may make the decision to keep your love within certain bounds (the decision to keep your pants on, for example), but don't throw the baby out with the dishwater on love.  It's too rare and precious.

working