jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do what other people think or say about your relationship play a part in who you

1. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Do what other people think or say about your relationship play a part in who you will date or marry?

I have a bff that only dates men over 35,that's her policy.
    I also have a male friend that's 24 and he adores her.But she will not give him the time of day.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5121844_f260.jpg

2. puddingicecream profile image76
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Are you sure that's her general policy or her way to kindly reject the male friend? Well, it's a shame if he deserves a chance. But regardless, I do think that other people's opinions have an effect  some degree, especially if there's a lot of family pressure to date a certain type of guy.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I have never given a thought to what someone else thought with regard to who I was dating. "Life is a personal journey!"

As far as your friend is concerned.....
    Everyone is entitled to have their own preferences! Just because someone "adores" you doesn't mean you have an "obligation" to give them a chance. A major part of becoming an adult is accepting the fact that you don't always get what you want in life. Your 24 year old friend would be much happier investing his time with someone that actually wants him! If one has to "sell" himself it's because the potential buyer doesn't "recognize" their value!

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

That would be a pretty dumb thing to do.  Just think about it.  If you found gold or diamonds would you listen to your jealous "friend" who tells you it is fake only to cherish and adore it after you've thrown it away......People amaze me!  Would you rather date or marry someone to appease someone else just because..... only to miss out on what you truly deserve, what you need and well as desire!  I don't believe a salesman can make you buy a pinto just like an acquaintance can't make you marry or date them.

Vonda G. Nelson

5. NiaG profile image88
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I hope a lot of people answer that it shouldn't. At the end of the day it is you who is going to be you in the relationship, not your family or friends.

working