jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

When someone tell you I love you?

1. vertualit profile image60
    vertualitposted 6 years ago

When someone tell you I love you?

Please Share your Actual feeling with the Answer. smile

2. Mcken profile image58
    Mckenposted 6 years ago

My heart will flip like a million times with butterflies fluttering all over inside my stomach!

3. yiasa profile image59
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

Thal'll be good to know that I'm important at someone's life.

4. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 6 years ago

now at this time in life. Family, I feel great about it still. woman friends, what do they want.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Everyone enjoys being loved!
    The tricky part is not to assume "our definition" of the word "love" is the same as the person that said it. You also should not say you love them back (simply because they said it to you). Honesty is the most important trait in any type of relationship. As rob_allen noted it does make a difference in (who) it is that is expressing their feelings to you!

Each of us has our own set of "expectations" as to how someone demonstrates or behaves when one is in love.
    Very often we feel if their actions aren't in line with (our definition) of the word "love" then we question whether or not they (really) love us.
    You don't demand or negotiate for love and affection. (These things are given freely) and You can't manufacture chemistry. (It's either there or it's not). The best way to receive love is to accept it without any preconceived ideas and watch it unfold naturally!

6. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

It depends who said I love you to me. If that is another guy, i would be terrified. If that's my girlfriend or any of may family members, that would be great. smile

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

It's nice to hear, but amazing to fEEl and sEE through their actions!

Vonda G. Nelson

8. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Depends on my feelings toward them, and who they are in my life.

9. drvosjeca profile image60
    drvosjecaposted 6 years ago

hard to say... sometimes it is to casual to use these words

10. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

When someone loves you its not always nessesary for the words I LOVE YOU   to be spoken...its a feeling that can be felt without the words being actually spoken...if he / she loves you  ,you will know .

However it is special to hear those words whispered in your ear...im still waiting !!

11. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

Before, my brain races with all kinds of questions and doubts. Nowadays, I say, "Thank you". But it is still wonderful and pleasing to hear it..

12. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

With the emphasis of "I Love You" from your pic, it is presented in a big way. OK, I'm an og=old guy. I have had some great relationships and some bad. The point being saying "I Love You" was a common thread with them all.

Finally, an avid reader of C.S. Lewis, I picked up his book "The Four Loves" and read it several times. It explains four types of love - Affection, Friendship, Eros, and Charity.

From his revealed definitions I realized I could say to a co-worker "I Love You" since we were friends and I was affectionate of her. Yet, the definition of Eros is not fulfilled. And, my degree of sacrifice regarding Charity may not meet a relationship standard.

At the same time I have male friends, therefore I can say "I Love You" too! but affection and Eros and Charity are not in the picture.

For me, today, as a single person, and my maturity meaning age - LOL, these may be high standards or then maybe not. I would say before I could emphasize as your picture does that I would like that person to meet all four criteria.

I think there is vast difference in "being in love" with the attached feelings and "in Love." Maybe it is affection and Eros yet really friendship isn't in the picture. Or any other mix.

I am  not saying they have to be present at one given moment, yet I believe they have to be present in the sense of the soul, psych, and emotional attachment. Way too long of answer - should I post this - flip the coin - yup , , ,

13. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

when someone tell they love, my feelings , well it depend on the person that is saying it to me....

14. tHErEDpILL profile image87
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

I immediately ask why.  I want to know what prompted them to say that in the first place.

15. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

It feels good to hear that someones else cares about you a lot.