jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does a person deal with being bisexual?

1. profile image47
    Aliartzposted 6 years ago

How does a person deal with being bisexual?

Well the problem that I have is that I think I'm bisexual. Well I know I'm bi it wouldn't make anysense otherwise.
    I'm too scared to tell anyone I know in person, I thought that maybe if I could tell the people on here then I could tell my friends and family.
    I just don't know how to tell them. I can't go up to them and say "Hi, guess what. I'm bisexual." It just doesn't work.
    I'm more afraid of what my parents might do than actually telling them. I'm stuck inbetween a rock and a hard place.

2. profile image47
    Aliartzposted 6 years ago

Well, i think this really tests the relationship you have with your parents....
    I dont really support the fact that you are bisexual.... but i can tell you that the bond between your parents and yourself as well as your friends will be tested...and they wont look at you the same way again..
    My advice to you is to think it over..
    Think of the negatives, positives and possibilities that might happen if they were to know..
    Well.....what they wont know wont kill you...rite?
    I dont think you should tell them... the last person any parent needs to find out is that their daughter is bi....
    And secondly, if you dont have a realtionship with your parents, at all, then they wouldnt care whether or not you are.... but all i can do is give you advice... its your decision...your choice whether to tell them or not... the ball is in your court... do you want to tell them?
    i still dont think your parents should know about this....but i also think they should trust and accept your decisions...No matter what they are...
    So i am throwing some questions out to you, (Realizing all the possibilities)
    2. ARE YOU READY TO LIVE ON YOUR OWN (if they do kick you out)
    3. DO YOU HAVE A PLAN? (incase they do kick you out)

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Everyone has dirty thoughts about the same sex. It doesn't mean you are bisexual, gay, or a lesbian. You are just more in tune to your own gender than the opposite gender.
    If you don't know how to tell them, observe the situation. How have they reacted to something close to this? Bad grades? Who you have dated in the past? If they reacted too poorly, you might want to keep it to yourself. If they didn't react too badly, have a conversation with you and your parents.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

just live your life how it suits you. if your bi, so be it. i realise it is hard to tell people that your bi, but if they care about you they will get over it. my friend came out of the "closet" a few years ago and told his wife he was bi. at first she said it bothered her but now they seem to be pretty happy.

5. profile image0
    writerwoman222posted 6 years ago

First of all in question to the above-  Answer:)  I do not think that this is a abnormal situation to go through... Many people have the same thoughts & feelings... Really in life what matters is what truly resonates with you and Not what other people feel & think... Hope this helps... email me if you would like to talk 1 on 1...

6. profile image50
    gabrieljcposted 5 years ago

Go to your best friend,if he is really your friend than he will under stand. It may get easier the more people you tell. I would save my parents for last so that i could have had plenty of practice on telling people.so tell your parents last. Friends come and go in life but you are always going to speak to your parents. So take your time and wait till your ready.