jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My ex wants to be friends.. what to do?

1. jessyferari1 profile image60
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

My ex wants to be friends.. what to do?

My boyfriend broke up with me a week ago, very intense because we still love eachother apparently but there are things my love cannot stand as of yet. But his back again.. he wants to be friends which I find stupid because I dont want to be friends with my ex, especially the one I loved so much. TO me its stupid!! How do I let him know i'm not quite at that point of civilization to be friends with him..worse is its been only a week. Help?

2. create a page profile image60
    create a pageposted 6 years ago

Sometimes it is a good idea to take a 'vacation' away from each other.  This gives you a better perception of the relationship and it helps you to analyze things that could have improved as well as things that you really appreciated.  Eventually you may reunite or you may be more emotionally equipped to be good friends.  The choice is yours.  However, I sense you may need your own space at this time, for your own sanity.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

you need to be straight foward and honest with him give him your reason for not wanting to be freinds good luck to you

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Just want to be Friends are key words.............

5. livingeveryday profile image57
    livingeverydayposted 6 years ago

staying friends is staying in contact this make it easier but drags out a painful process
    best not but it's the hardest thing to do it's like going cold turkey
    if you stay friends when you are low you will make the mistake and reach out and could then lead to even more hurt rejection or getting back and breaking up again ... be strong

6. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Just tell him no.  And stick with that.  He may be sincere in wanting to be friends, but he broke up with you a week ago.  He has caused you hurt/heartbreak, and therefore is not worthy of being your friend. It surprises me how someone can end a relationship yet still expect you to be friendly with them a week later.  You're right, it's stupid and you don't need to stay friends with him.  Try having no contact with him at all, at least in the short term.