jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it's necessary or prudent to ask your partner if he/is attracted to

1. SpiffyD profile image84
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

Do you think it's necessary or prudent to ask your partner if he/is attracted to others?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Is prudent to ask? No. However, you should be able to discuss anything that you have on your mind and/or feel with your partner. There shouldn't be anything that you cannot discuss with them. They should feel comfortable talking with you, that they can come to you without having to be asked. If they find someone else attractive, it doesn't mean that they find you any less attractive. People can be attracted to other people and not feel the need to sleep and/or have sex with them.

3. windresistant profile image59
    windresistantposted 6 years ago

Personally, I think that the ability to be completely honest with your partner is incredibly important - even if that means asking what is on your mind. You definitely should ask these sorts of questions with a light heart, as soon as you think of them. If you don't, the question may just fester and make you angry before you ever know the answer!

The even more important thing is that you should trust their answer completely, and never be angry or disappointed that they don't simply tell you what you want to hear.

4. Jai Baker profile image61
    Jai Bakerposted 6 years ago

yes! l.o.l...I want to knooow! I mean really I want to hear what I want to hear. So I want him to say no he isn't attracted to other females BUT I want this to be true. Sigh..it's a lose lose situation really.

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

I think it all depends on how open the communication among the partners is. I joke about it all the time with my husband and we are okay. It's normal to feel attracted to other people, you just have to trust each other that you won't act on such attraction and cheat. But I've actually noticed my husband get nervous while talking to a waitress and I've joked about it, and we've laughed. It's a very normal occurence.

6. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I don't think it's prudent. I think it's great depending on what level of communication both of you have. It's good to be honest and open.

7. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

You don't have to ask. I'll tell you; Of course your partner is attracted to others!

working