jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever been involved with a sociopath?

1. Pam Pounds profile image77
    Pam Poundsposted 6 years ago

Have you ever been involved with a sociopath?

2. amymarie_5 profile image85
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

Yes!!  He wasn't the murderous kind but the guy seriously had no conscience whatsoever.  I remember noticing it when my father died. He didn't show any emotion. Months after I broke up with him friends were telling me how he was going around telling sob stories about himself to gain sympathy and get a little attention at the WAKE.  I had no idea.  He also cheated on me, lied to everyone and was the biggest manipulator ever.  I'm glad I came to my senses and got rid of him.  He's now married to a girl with low self esteem, he doesn't work, he spends all her money and destroyed her relationship with her family.  I am relieved  that it's her and not me!

3. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

The scary part is, is that all of us have probably ran into one at some point in our life.

rorshak sobchak

4. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

Do you mean a Phsycopath..I dont think thats how to spell it either !!!

Answer..NO i havnt but ive had dealings with a schitzophrenic..dont think thats spelt right either but you will know what I mean ..lol !!

5. MellyMoo profile image60
    MellyMooposted 6 years ago

YES!!!  Very scary stuff.  I did not know who I was anymore.  He would try to convince you that white was orange and red was blue.  It was ridiculous.  He was/is an abusive alcoholic with a long term marijuana habit too.  He had no conscience, twisted my words around, tried to isolate me from certain friends (especially those who were trying to get me away from him) and family and so much more.  I did not know who I was anymore and at times, had nobody to turn to.  I am so glad I made it through the other side eventually.

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

yes i have. my ex-wife is a sociopath , literally and it was rough being married to her. she would as gladly have killed a person as she would have loved them. talk about serious mood swings, wow.

7. AngelTrader profile image59
    AngelTraderposted 6 years ago

Yes I have been involved with a sociopath although at first the signs weren't that obvious. Quickly, however, she changed dramatically which really confused me. Whenever we were together I felt like I was walking on eggshells just to keep everything calm! But one false step and boy did she round on me!

Thankfully I saw the light, and her lies and manipulation became apparent. She was hell bent on changing me to her own ideal so I guess I was lucky to escape...and it does feel like I escaped. I could never live up to her ideal and the daily struggle of trying to achieve the impossible would of had a serious detrimental effect on me. An experience to learn from.

working