jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it possible for your partner to be your closest friend, or should you look fo

1. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Is it possible for your partner to be your closest friend, or should you look for that elsewhere?

2. debugs profile image65
    debugsposted 6 years ago

Yes, in fact I have always believed that one's partner should always be ones best friend. Of course, some may think that it can be difficult because that means complete honesty... yet, when one thinks about it, isn't every true friendship a love story? Or finding what is common between two people?

3. quester.ltd profile image59
    quester.ltdposted 6 years ago

Be true to your love and you will find the best friend that you could ever imagine.

4. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I find my partner to be one of my closest friends. Most couples are best friends with each other.

5. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

The relationship science is in!  Partner's in healthy long term relationships, are each others best friends by definition.

- Duddy.

6. Iannurse profile image58
    Iannurseposted 6 years ago

my wife is my closest friends. It is amazing. I talk to people and then i realize I much rather talkto my wife. I rather hang out with her than anyone else. We have not been apart for 24 more than in four and a half years. We spent the night apart once when I baby sat. but then that was just a few hours.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! The only danger however is sometimes people forget to keep the "romance and passion" alive in the relationship.
    It's not uncommon for a married couple to wake up one day and realize they are just "roommates" with the same last name.
    This explains why you see so many books and workshops dedicated to helping couples find passion again.
    Becoming best friends overtime is natural in a long term relationship.

8. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Your partner should be one of your best friends if not your best friend.  I mean why would you want to reach out to someone else if you can't reach out to the one that you are with.

working