jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How would you feel if your Best Friend told you that they loved you???

1. Heart Felt Book profile image79
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

How would you feel if your Best Friend told you that they loved you???

2. David R Bradley profile image83
    David R Bradleyposted 7 years ago

Well my "Best Friend" tells me she loves me all the time and it's the greatest feeling in the world.  As it turns out my Best Friend happens to be my wife!  What Luck!?!?  But something tells me that's not what you meant, but considering this is the first answer to your question, perhaps this means you have a little thinking to do about how you see this best friend of yours. 

My take on Love is it is an action more than it is just a feeling.  It is something you do and the act of loving someone that generates the feelings of love.  If it's the other way around, it's more infatuation and while bitter sweet and enjoyable, not good for longevity...

3. Antonia Monacelli profile image93
    Antonia Monacelliposted 7 years ago

I was going to say that my best friend tells me he loves me all the time, and that it's great, but that he is also my husband, but David beat me to it!

I truly feel like the difference between relationships that work, and those that don't, is the foundation of that relationship.  The people who are truly best friends, and not just romantic partners, are the people who can make it through the rough times.  Partially because there is more at stake than just a romantic relationship, but partially because true best friends understand each other in a way that people who are just romantically involved don't.

The romance part of a relationship is important, and it is great, but when it comes to the difficult times every relationship goes through, it is easy to walk away, because you can find the romantic part anywhere.  That's not the hard part to find in someone else.  Finding someone else you love as a best friend, and as a romantic partner, is finding something that is truly lasting.

What I'm trying to say in all that is that maybe you need to take another look at your best friend, and see if there could be something more there.  Having a relationship with your best friend can be the greatest thing in the world, if it is what is right for both of you.

4. iamnotfrancis profile image58
    iamnotfrancisposted 7 years ago

From time to time I tell my best friends that i love them. It's nothing romantic and all platonic. I just want to let them know that through words and of course actions that I do because I always think this is my only chance to let them know that. When I'm gone or when they're gone, there is NO WAY I could ever tell them that anymore. So I'm taking the moment as an opportunity to do so.

Seeing my platonic relationship with my best friends turn into a romantic one seems weird. But who knows. But right now it's totally weird.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

You really need to be more specific with your terms.  I love, in all the ways to love someone, my best friend who is also my wife.  To what sort of love are you referring?  Also, it would be better if your best friend remained singular.

6. rivet33333 profile image53
    rivet33333posted 7 years ago

My best friend has told me this and she knows that I am gay, but it does not matter.  She loves me for who I am, being that I am a true friend and always there for her through thick and thin.

Love does not have to have sexual connotations attached to it as many people would think.  I am my own person and I do not change my personality for anyone.  People will either like or dislike you, but you have to believe in yourself.

Very good question, tho.

7. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

The fact that you are friends automatically dictates that you love each other.

working