jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you consider cheating? A physical relationship or an emotional one?

1. anunez49 profile image78
    anunez49posted 6 years ago

What would you consider cheating? A physical relationship or an emotional one?

2. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

I've always thought that cheating was a physical thing.  But emotional feelings lead up to that.  So I'd say an emotional relationship with a person other than your significant other is the makings of a physical one, in which case it would become cheating.

3. anunez49 profile image78
    anunez49posted 6 years ago

Hi and thank you for responding to the question. I have a similar outlook on cheating and its nice to read other peoples perspectives.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

In my opinion both are cheating.
    A "cyber affair" or "emotional affair" is just as bad.
    What it's really saying is (They would be together) if YOU were not in the way. It's the obligation they feel to stay in their present relationship which "intensifies their romance"
    It's the old saying,  "right after I got married I met my soul-mate" or wouldn't you know it "my girl's best friend is the woman of my dreams......etc  Bad timing and unforuntate circumstances always serve to spice up romance.

However truth be told the only person we can control is ourselves. You have no idea if your lover is imagining you being someone else when you have sex. At some point you either trust what you have is "real" or you walk out to find someone who really wants YOU.
    The whole point of being in a "monogamous relationship" is not having to share your mate's (heart and body) with another person. You're suppose to be "committed" to taking care of each other's emotional and physical needs. If either person is not holding up their end of the bargain there is likely to be problems.

5. Tess Delain profile image60
    Tess Delainposted 6 years ago

To me, cheating is any kind of non-platonic physical or emotional relationship done without the full and confident consent of your current partner.