jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would You Consider Online Chatting To Be Cheating in a Committed Relationship?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Would You Consider Online Chatting To Be Cheating in a Committed Relationship?

Apparently, the guys don't think it is cheating if they chat online with someone while most women think it is!! What do you think? Would you feel cheated on if you found out that your partner was chatting/flirting with a stranger online?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

As a guy I say absolutely! If you are doing or saying something that you would not do with your significant other sitting right beside you then there is a good chance you know that it's unacceptable behavior.
    Cheating doesn't just happen when there is physical contact. It begins with a mindset of giving yourself permission to pursue another option for happiness or excitement outside of your primary relationship. It's been said, "The kiss is the persuasion to lower invasion". Flirting and online chatting can be thought of as foreplay leading up to the possible physical act. Before you know it someone is saying, "This wasn't planned. One thing led to another...etc" Of course it did! Having "secret friends", lying directly, indirectly, or by omission smacks of dishonesty at the very least. No one wants to entrust their heart to a liar let alone a cheater whether the affair is online/emotional or physical.

3. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Someone in a committed relationship does not even think of anyone else or anything else other than the happiness of the person he or she made the commitment to, much less have time to flirt with anyone, in person or on line. I don't think that definition varies as to gender, but that is how I define commitment.

4. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I email a guy from high school. My husband knows about it. I think that's ok. He didn't at first but now it's ok. His wife also knows about it. We dated in school. He lives 1500 miles away.

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

Generally, flirting is showing a sexual interest in another person by casually breezing something of libidinal interest in front of them. It's either to see if a person has a sexual interest in you or it's a game you play to mess with people's heads. It really has no place in an emotionally committed relationship, whether it takes place online or off line. There really isn't a male/female divide on this. People know that you go online to cheat because you're feed up with your relationship, not because you are committed to it.

6. katieababy74 profile image60
    katieababy74posted 5 years ago

If they were doing it without my knowledge absolutely.

7. profile image0
    lovingleavesposted 5 years ago

It depends what "chatting" is , what you chat about, and what it makes you feel............

8. Yoshihiro profile image45
    Yoshihiroposted 5 years ago

If its just catching up on old times, thats fine. Caution signals would come up, if he/she starts hiding stuff or excesively use the compuer (chat) for that specific person.