jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think about writing about how husbands (or BF's) deal with pregnant

1. Daddyzz profile image56
    Daddyzzposted 6 years ago

What do you think about writing about how husbands (or BF's) deal with pregnant wife's (or GF's).

My wife is pregnant and is tens weeks in. Lots of unanswered questions. What to say, not to say, how to react to sudden crying, deal with food SHE wants to eat? Lots more stuff...

2. LadyFae profile image74
    LadyFaeposted 6 years ago

First of all congratulations and yeah, what to say. Hormones raging!!! Best advice I can give you is support your wife/Gf as best as you can and find a good friend to talk to if it all gets a bit too much for you.

3. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Congrats!  It can be a touchy subject but one worth talking about.  The husband's perspective is important.  If done tastefully and in an intent to help both parties, I think that a piece about this subject would be well received.

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

Congratulations!!
    Don't ever be surprised by a woman's turn of emotions during pregnancy; they fluctuate with hormones and tears can't be helped. I suggest you give out hugs easily and when she's upset be as patient as possible. If she turns super angry -and sometimes pregnant ladies do- tell her you have need of fresh air to think about what she's saying and give her a kiss and then go for a walk or a drive. I always appreciated flowers when I was expecting, even if they were just picked from the yard. It shows that the man is thinking about the mother of his child. And if she's craving something it usually means that food has some particular ingredient in it her body and that of the developing baby need.
    Good luck & congrats again!

5. Mamadrama profile image61
    Mamadramaposted 6 years ago

Congrats!!!! First off be as sympathetic and understanding as possible. Hormones are a terrible thing to control, especially for first time pregnancies. We are trying to adjust more then anything, so when others notice our craziness it makes us feel worse. First and third trimester is the worst.. I think you will remember that from your first go round. Second she will feel the best. Compliments are wonderful.
    Best part about my pregnancy is my husband made me feel beautiful for carrying his child, no matter how fat I got! lol Let her tell you how she is feeling, and always answer with "I may not understand all that is going on, because it's not my body, but I will do my best to help you out". Be sensitive and loving and you will do just fine!

6. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I think it would be great. There are alot of people who could benefit from this type of information. I know my husband read the book "So your wife is pregnant... Now what?" when I had my first. From then on, every friend who was dealing with a pregnant significant other got that book. Great read and it was purely from a man's point of view. It was a refreshing change of pace.

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Write about it. It's interesting and most women want to hear the male point of view. We think men panic, have fear, worry, become stressed, or that they will start drinking.

working