jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How long are you willing to hold out for the 'right one'?

1. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 6 years ago

How long are you willing to hold out for the 'right one'?

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

As long as necessary. I would never want to give up waiting just because it took too long.

3. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

I would say as long as it takes - you deserve to be with someone who wants to be with you, someone worth your time.

4. profile image0
    erikjohnsonposted 6 years ago

As long as it takes.  I did it and it worked out.

5. profile image0
    Charlene Marianoposted 6 years ago

Until the time we finally meet. If it may take forever then be it, I believe he will be worth the wait.

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It's not a matter of "holding out" but "seeking out".
    One has to be proactive about the things they want out of life.
    We live on a planet that is inhabited by almost 7 Billion people.
    There are lots of "the right ones" who have all of the traits you could want in a mate.
    The concept of "the one" is based upon our reflex to (exclude) rather than (include) when it comes to love.

For example if a person stated "their one" has to be (a member of their own race) that automatically eliminates Billions of people right there! If you went on to say he/she must have the same relgious belief that will cut down your options by billions more.
    We then say "the one" must reside in our own state or town. All this is before we get to height, weight, age, occupation, education, hobbies/interest, and goals....etc Last but not least your family and friends MUST also like him/her and vice versa!

Is it any wonder that by the time we get done EXCLUDING people there is ONLY one "right one" left!  I believe once we decide what is "really important" with regard to traits in a person we'd want to spend our lives with then we are likely to find "the one" sooner rather than later. Being realistic and becoming more mature makes all the difference in the world.

7. whiplashinfo profile image58
    whiplashinfoposted 6 years ago

Til the end! I know that everyone has the 'right one' reserved for them alone. I know the long wait will be over on the right time. I'm willing to wait for that.

8. kestrana profile image80
    kestranaposted 6 years ago

I think the answer to this is more found in "how long would you endure the wrong one"? Relationships take a tremendous amount of time and investment. If you are with someone simply to avoid being alone you are wasting all of that time and effort as well as closing yourself off from honorably being able to approach someone who might be "the right one".

9. Agnes Penn profile image82
    Agnes Pennposted 6 years ago

As long as God wants.  If He doesn't approve, what else is there?