jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Have you ever looked at your 'Ex' and thought - was I drunk the entire relation

1. rikabothra profile image61
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

Have you ever looked at your 'Ex' and thought -  was I drunk the entire relationship?

2. Evil Stepmother profile image58
    Evil Stepmotherposted 6 years ago

Well, I know I wasn't drunk all that time because I am not a drinker, but I do look back at the exes I sometimes see and wonder what I was thinking.  I am no longer attracted to them, of course, and I cannot see how I ever was.  I do not know why I put up with the things they did.  Even if I was single, I would not date them now.

3. renegadetory profile image99
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

Lol... that's funny. I always ask myself, "what was I thinking??"

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image86
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

If I would think like that then I will regret a lot more. As it will tell me how stupid I am that I am regretting over a thing that I once wanted, 'the most in my life'. I think we should not think like it. A good relation gives us a companion, a bad relations gives us a lesson. We should go along with it. smile

5. selfdefenselesson profile image59
    selfdefenselessonposted 6 years ago

Who hasn't..

Thought it's never been a physical thing for me. It was more the behaviors that I accepted from her.. Being a bitch so to speak. Oh well lesson learned.

6. RavenBiker profile image60
    RavenBikerposted 6 years ago

Haha!  Yeah, I was drunk when we met.  He stayed drunk and I sobered up 5 years later.  Now I think, "what did I ever see in him?"  Best thing, though, he served time for a federal offense and all our friends we had in common are now my friends---not that I care either way---our split was about 25 years ago.  The crime occured in the last five.

I think it's important to remember that your ex turned into during and after the relationship ended, has nothing to do with you as a person.  Furthermore, its not a relection of your more important decision capabilities.

7. Jennie Demario profile image41
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

this is too funny. i must have this conversation at least once a night when friends see there ex's out LOL.  is it rude to say "i told you so" to your friend as a response??

8. Silverspeeder profile image60
    Silverspeederposted 6 years ago

I am absolutely sure she put something in my drink!

9. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

I'm only responding to tell you that your question is "laugh your ass off" funny!

10. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

yup, and I think that every time I see him!

11. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

LOL .... Yes i have thought this. I look at them and think did i really spend all them years with you!!
    I must of been in a very bad place at the time with some of my ex's i tell ya. There is only one ex i do not think this about. x

12. Stephiliboo profile image59
    Stephilibooposted 6 years ago

Haha... I always say that I was slipped hallucinogenics!

13. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Yes I've thought something similar to that.  Just the "What was I thinking" type throughts when I've seen an ex.

14. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

My question to myself is "What did I ever see in him?"  Sometimes I just kind of stare at him when he is talking to me and try to see even a glimpse of whatever might have made me think that he was "the one".  I only wish I could blame alcohol...

working