jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are some men attracted to pretty feet?

1. profile image49
    jenwordsposted 6 years ago

Why are some men attracted to pretty feet?

2. Sam Dolloff profile image60
    Sam Dolloffposted 6 years ago

It is just like with any other body part I guess, some men like hair, boobs, legs, or feet.  It goes the other way for women to men too, some women like hands, shoulders, back, butt.... its all a preference.

3. instantlyfamily profile image82
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

I agree with Sam. However a fetish is much different than being attracted.

4. ajayshah2005 profile image57
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

It varies from men to men.Different men like different parts of the body, so some men are attracted to pretty feet.

5. Lizzabella profile image59
    Lizzabellaposted 6 years ago

Foot fetishes can often be explained by both life experience and biological hardwiring/or mapping in our brains. I agree with ElSeductor that when arousal (initially brought on by kissing/intimate scene in ElSeductor's example) is paired with something such as the foot, our brain has been conditioned to make a connection that the particular stimulus is arousing. This fetish can also be explained by something known as the Homunculus (or Coritcal Humunculus). The Homunculus is located in the parietal lobe in your brain where somatosensory information is sent to be processed, such as touch or even pain. Your body, face, hands, genitals, and feet are actually "mapped" out on this strip of your brain. The key here is that the genitals and feet are close together on the Homunculus. This can cause an individual to experience touch on a foot and experience genital arousal because the touch stimulation message is sent up into the parietal lobe for process and excites both the genital and foot area of the Homunculus, or vice versa.

Interestingly, this Homunculus is used to partly explain phantom limb pain and/or sensations felt in the "limb" by touching completely different parts to the body in individuals who have had amputate limbs.

working