jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it Possible to be friends with your Ex-boyfriend or Girl friend?

1. profile image52
    borowestposted 6 years ago

Is it Possible to be friends with your Ex-boyfriend or Girl friend?

2. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Sure it is.  I've been friends with my ex's throughout my dating.  In fact, I'm friends with my ex husband as well.  I suppose it depends on the circumstance.  I would not care to remain friends to someone who is abusive or a sociopath.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

Yes. It doesn't always happen, but it's possible.

The only ex-boyfriend of mine I'm truly not friends with is one who can't stand the fact that I married someone else. I haven't written him off as a friend for good, but I know we won't talk and be friendly towards one another until he can accept what he thinks was my betraying him.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Grown mature folk are good at remaining good friends even though they don't make a great couple.  These types see the big picture instead of creating various dramas and incidences in order to break up or get whose evers "attention because they no longer want what they thought they wanted or they are not getting what they need.  Sometimes your relationship with this person grows stronger due to the fact that your reasoning and outlook is fair.  This also says a lot about how one  communicates

5. mythicalstorm273 profile image78
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

I believe it depends on the situation.  If the two individuals are mature and happy with themselves than I think it is possible.  They have to be happy with who they are though because otherwise they might go running back to the person for comfort.  Also no feelings have to be left in either party and it probably should have ended on good terms.  There might be other major factors but those are the things I can think of that influence a relationship the most when it is taking the steps to just be friends.

6. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

If both can overcome their natural instinct of possessiveness, it's possible. Without that it's not.

working