jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How did you meet your significant other?

1. amymarie_5 profile image87
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

How did you meet your significant other?

2. registerdomains profile image65
    registerdomainsposted 6 years ago

Very good question.

The answer lies on understanding you properly. You have to be very clear about yourself, then you'll automatically choose your right partner.

Best wishes for your endeavor.

3. fancifulashley profile image76
    fancifulashleyposted 6 years ago

I found my partner at a frat party (I am in a sorority and he is in a fraternity). At first we didn't talk too much, but when summer rolled around, we realized we lived close to each other and started dating. I was on guard at the beginning, but he has been the best thing for me.

You can meet anyone anywhere, you just have to be open to the possibility that they are right for you.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I certainly agree with fancifulashley - you really can meet anyone anywhere. I met my husband while playing Myspace poker. It had a chat feature. We got a poker group of about nine people going, and then started swapping IM contact information. He ended up moving a few thousand miles, we got married, and are now expecting our second child together.

5. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I met my husband when we were joining the military together. We wound up having the same ship date and bonded on our love of Harry Potter. His step-father had been my original recruiter a year prior, so we had that going for us as well.

6. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I met him at work, twice, about eighteen years apart.  The first time we were co-workers and just casual friends.  The next time I was one of the managers in the same retail store and he came in a customer on Christmas Eve.  We wound up talking, found out we were both in the process of a divorce, and he asked me out.  I was too cowardly to accept a date that night, but we did go out two weeks later.  That was January of 1999 and we have been together ever since.

7. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

It was at a new job in 2008. She had been there for a couple years and she caught my interest so I started sitting by people who were friends with her and one day she took her friends phone to text me and we got to talking.

8. jeshon profile image68
    jeshonposted 6 years ago

I met my boyfriend on a vacation in France. We were there skiing and he showed up in a bar and we started talking. It turned out to be so he was in the same travelgroup, living in the same city and so on. Everything clicked and we have been together since the week after we got home from france....smile