jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What makes you a good friend?

1. lexikaye6671277 profile image58
    lexikaye6671277posted 6 years ago

What makes you a good friend?

How would your friends explain your friendships?

2. JIN1128 profile image62
    JIN1128posted 6 years ago

I am a good friend because I am very honest, will not do things to hurt other people and values friendship.

3. frogtalk profile image70
    frogtalkposted 6 years ago

I guess I am a good friend because I make people laugh, but I also know when to calm down. I can tell when someone's not having a good day and can ask address it in a non-pressuring way.
    There are definitely many areas though that I can continue to work on to be a good friend.

4. Arlynne profile image53
    Arlynneposted 6 years ago

A true friend really know how to bring you down..knows all your weaknesses but will never use any of these to bring you down.. ^_^

5. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

My love, sincerity and loyalty towards my friends. And I expect the same things to them for me.

6. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Loyalty
    Honesty
    Love
    Dependability

These are the qualities I strive for and if you have these four qualities then it would be pretty hard for someone to say that you're not a good friend

7. vocalcoach profile image96
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

Being a good listener.  Most of the time when someone is talking, we are so busy trying to think how what is being said relates to ourselves, we don't hear what the other person is saying.

8. icciev profile image57
    iccievposted 6 years ago

A friend can be with his friend all the time, but only good friend will stay with his friend when he needs him....other than that good friend should be:
    1- Good listener
    2- Honset with him self and his friend- if you friend making mistake tell him in his face that he did this mistake and he has some issues then try to help him and work issues out.
    3- Keep secrets, its so much important to keep your friend secrets no mater it was.

9. Dee aka Nonna profile image78
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

I know how to keep a secret and I know how to listen.

10. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I do not know that I have been, nor have I ever thought of myself as being a " good friend"...at least not as most of us would interpert the term.

Yes, you can trust me with your confidence,  find shelter in my home......but not to remember your birthdate, your wedding anniversary or to come and play nice at your child's birthday party.  Hell, I barely remember my own hubby's!   Honestly, I ask my daughters each year, is it the 21st or 23rd.   

They could really set me up!

11. Sincerely Rachel profile image60
    Sincerely Rachelposted 6 years ago

I am accepting. We all have our flaws; I will be sure to accept my friends with open arms no matter what.

working