jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

True love surpasses religious beliefs?

1. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

True love surpasses religious beliefs?

If you really loved someone would you care about their religion or lack of belief in God? Would you marry someone you loved even if they did not share your beliefs?

2. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Remember that I have to love myself first.  I will not be happy living with someone who will not enjoy and participate in a lifestyle which corresponds to my faith; so I can really love someone whose beliefs differ from mine, but I will not marry him.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I know couples who are not only different branches of Christianity-and Christians are really not unified in how they think the Bible should be read-but also two separate religions. A friend of mine from high school is a Muslum and married a Christian. It's not that unique anymore.

4. anemometers profile image62
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

I think that religion has nothing to do with love. You either love someone or you don't. If you love them you will be able to put all your prejudice to one side and simply love them because you love them.
    Things that are taught to us when we are young (especially certain religious views) can end up separating us from people who we really want to be with. We are taught not to use our heart but a prejudiced judgement about certain people. If we want to grow up then we must learn to lose our religious beliefs when it comes to love. Maybe in losing your life you will find it.

working