jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do men care if another men is gay?

1. lilianacortez profile image61
    lilianacortezposted 6 years ago

Why do men care if another men is gay?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

I don't find gays 'off-putting' - obviously stereotypically they're weird and outrageous but in some ways, that is pretty funny. Look at the comedian, Alan Carr.

Many men find gays off putting because they have not met any and the stereotype feeds the brain intelligence that they're weird and creepy. Like our friend Alexar says.

Take away the stereotype, they're just normal people whom love a different sex. Look at Stephen Fry, Elton John and Oscar Wilde. They don't prance around touching your willy and licking your face while screaming 'wooo-hoo', yet they're gay.   The latter obviously because he's been dead for a while.

3. profile image60
    Justme13posted 6 years ago

It all boils down to Misogyny. They look at gay men as not real men or as men who have given up their male privilege.

1. Cooper Pie profile image53
      Cooper Pieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree very much with your comment.  I'm from Utah, and that stereotype is found everywhere when you associate straight men with gay men

4. Melissa-Chavez profile image60
    Melissa-Chavezposted 6 years ago

I believe there may be one of three  reasons on why most men dislike gay men and i agree with Indigital in the way that some men think that since their gay there gonna be "all up on them" But that's not true, another reason might be that the straight male might be a little insecure about their own sexuality and may pick on gay men as a cover up. and finally the straight men might not of ever encountered a gay male and feel unsure of the situation and how to react so the most obvious way would be to get away from that which causes discomfort. But gay men are just plain normal people, and believe a lot of people need to be reminded of that.

5. WishhingGirl profile image61
    WishhingGirlposted 6 years ago

I have had several guy friends answer this for me, although most has been the same.  The majority of them say that they don't care, as long as the gay guy doesn't hit on them.  The one that did care, wouldn't even go around a gay guy because the straight guy was straight.  I can see both sides, the latter not as much I must admit.  I can not speak for all guys, but the majority, as I said earlier, simply doesn't care and they will be friends with gay guys.

working