jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are hen-pecked husbands good men?

1. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 6 years ago

Are hen-pecked husbands good men?

As a husband, would you like to be ruled by your wife?Or fellow ladies, do you expect to marry a man who obeys your directions all the time?

Very often, men picked on each other by saying that a man is henpecked.
    Some men wanted to save their face in front of his buddies through defending that "it's the way they love their wives,and it will be good for the stabilization of family". Some men argued that if a man obey his wife all the time, he has a low status in the family. What do you think?

By the way, is a woman who wants to control her husband a good woman?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5824310_f260.jpg

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

I consider hen-pecking a spouse a form of abuse, and I advise my clients exactly that.

3. MickeySr profile image82
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

I don't understand men who acquiesce to such a relationship - I am a man, perhaps a man out of fashion, but a man . . . I wear the pants in my family - my wife wears the pockets, but I wear the pants.

4. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

In a good marriage decisions are mutual and both work for th good of the whole. Neither should be barking commands or letting themselves be bossed around.
    If they respect each other they don't act out in public no matter what.
    That said some people are subservient by nature and they will usually find a dominant partner, while overbearing people will seek a submissive partner.
    In the end it is what ever floats your boat.

5. profile image0
    LindaTuckerRDAposted 4 years ago

I don't thank so. I think if a husband is hen-pecked he will appear to be a weak man. When people get married it becomes a partnership no big I's and little you 's.
    As a husband and wife you are to be helpers to one another. If one forgets to do something you don't need to remind them to do it . Just take the initiative and do it yourself. Treat him the same why you would want to be treated.
    I know this one couple who is getting ready to get a divorce because the wife is always downing her husband in front of the children. She says things to him like; did you do the laundry yet? Why are their still dirty dishes in sink? You forgot to empty the garbage!  They even go to separate churches. I think this man should put his foot down and talk these things out with his wife and let her known how he feels about the way she belittles him in front of the children.

working