jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is YOUR most recent act of random kindness?

1. Bella Nina profile image71
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

What is YOUR most recent act of random kindness?

. . . and WHY did you do it?

2. Carlon Michelle profile image69
    Carlon Michelleposted 6 years ago

I took an elderly woman in my congregation to Walmart so she could shop and buy money orders when her aid wasn't able to take her due to car trouble.  Older people can't always get rides where they need to go.  One day I may need to depend on someone and I hope someone will help me without making me feel like I am a burden.  Smile!

3. georgetyler profile image58
    georgetylerposted 6 years ago

I gave  quite a bit of money to charity, cancer research to be precise

4. ChrisPatrick profile image61
    ChrisPatrickposted 6 years ago

I sure appreciate the question but if I mention what I have done as a random act of kindness, it becomes about me and what I DID. I like to do things for people anonymously, and sort have a "I don't kiss and tell" policy about it.

Your poetry is great by the way!

5. Bella Nina profile image71
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

@ChrisPatrick ~ I asked this question in the hope of it being an inspiration for us all.  I think it's wonderful that you do things anonymously, I'm like that too, I am just more comfortable that way.  But I appreciate hearing about all the good things people are putting out into this world.  We hear so much bad on the news, we need GOOD news!!

Thx for your comment on my poetry.  Please feel free to comment on my work, feedback is a great thing.

HNY!!

6. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

I regularly call elders who are stuck home to chat with them for hours! Yes, we have a great time and I know they worry less after talking, they tell their worries, their hopes, discuss gossips and news and I can hear the smile they have knowing I care about them.

7. profile image0
    Fennposted 6 years ago

I recently began teaching my friend's sister how to do Algebra 2. Not exactly random, but I do spend time and care in order to make sure she gets through her class well, cause she's already thinking about college!
    I did this partly because she is the sister to one of my good friends, but also because sharing knowledge with people has always been a passion for me. And even though arithmetic may not be my most favorite subject, I still had an opportunity to help someone out, and so I took it.

8. Cat R profile image76
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

I adopted the sweetest dog on Earth that nobody wanted because she is a bit overweight and almost completely hairless due to a very treatable skin condition!

9. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

My neighbor's plumbing broke creating a huge leak throughout three floors of neighbors belongings.  It left a hole the size of a large dinner plate in the ceiling of my bathroom.  When I contacted her about getting it fixed she explained that she had been laid off from her job and she did nt know when she would have the money to do this.  I told her not to worry about it and to let it be the least on her mind right now until she got on her feet.  She was so relieved she almost started crying telling me she had been avoiding calling me because she did not know what to say.

working