jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

When you know that you've been cruel/mean to someone, do you take steps to recti

1. Princess Prisca profile image60
    Princess Priscaposted 6 years ago

When you know that you've been cruel/mean to someone, do you take steps to rectify your behavior?

When you know that you've been cruel/mean to someone, do you take steps to rectify your behavior or do you let pride or stupidity override your better judgment? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5975791_f260.jpg

2. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Oh there are plenty of times when I've let my stupidity and pride override my better side. Though after I've good and well made myself into an ass, I always try to go back and atone for my silliness. smile

3. helmutbiscut profile image75
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

Although I try my hardest to be on my best behavior, sometimes I don't say or do the right thing.  I do try to make amends, but unfortunately, sometimes stupidity wins.  I'm definitely not perfect!

4. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

Yes I will, I want to do to others what I want others do unto me. I want to gain love and respect from others. Being cruel destroys my name and reputation. If in time I did it unintentionally, I will not let the sun set to say sorry to the one who suffered my cruelty. I will strive not to do it again. If you are kind to others you can enjoy a good conscience and a healthy heart.

5. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

When I feel that I have hurt someone, I do not hesitate to ask apology as I have no right to insult anyone.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Define cruel and mean. I am often very and highly blunt, causing people to doubt themselves and their very existance. It is very interesting, their responses, however, I am more interested in why I am telling them the harsh words. When I say something blunt it is my view, what I see when looking at them. If they don't like it, they can change it, realize that I am worthless to them, or focus on what I'm saying and go nuts over the message.
    Being cruel or mean with physical abuse is normally not my intent. When I do harm others physically, it is by accident. My nails are too long and sharp and draw blood. Or I accidentally kick their leg when aiming for a soccer ball. At that time I do apologize. Though if they remain silent and take the hit with a closed mouth and nice appearance, I respect them more because of being a good sport at my unintentioned attack.

7. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Most definitely, you must, for your sake if not out of ethics. If you fail to ask forgiveness for your transgressions, you own them. You have to live with them, and they're poisonous.

8. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Well, I do my best to ask forgiveness for my actions.  It is important that we take responsibility for our actions.  It is easy to let pride get in the way and to ignore it, but the best thing to do is to ask forgiveness from the person you treated badly.

9. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I hate it when I realize I have mistreated someone because I hate it when it happens to me. I would approach the person and apologize, plain and simply.  You will feel better and so will the person.

10. Ana Teixeira profile image83
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

yes ofc! First step.. apologize. no doubt. have a decent talk to that person.. and try to make them understand you didnt mean to hurt them. A real Woman or Man will be able to accept when they made a mistake. It doesnt kill our pride.. it makes us human!

11. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

Definitely I try to rectify the situation. I wouldn't want someone to treat me that way and I'd expect an apology otherwise I would take their action to mean they don't care how I feel. I'd definitely apologize at the least.

working