jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is there a person/people in your life for whom you would gladly give your life,

1. RighterOne profile image61
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

Is there a person/people in your life for whom you would gladly give your life, if needed?

emotional details in the responses would be a big plus...

2. Dear Josie profile image60
    Dear Josieposted 6 years ago

I have thought about the question for a long time; no doubt what my answer would be.I would, for sure, give my Life up for my Husband and for my 2 boys, Adam, 30, and Thomas, 27. My children were, totally, my life, being single growing up. When I met my Husband 17 years ago, my Life changed. He helped me to raise the boys, and to have a Father figure in their lives. Also, I needed a man who loved me, forever!
    I love all three of them so much, that I would rather die than any of them. I want them to have a long and happy life! They have mad me very complete! I could not live with the death of any of then; I want to die first, but Heaven can wait a little while...I'm 53 years old and have been through a great deal; I could write a book. My Husband and my boys are my everything. I'm BLESSED!

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Since my life as a Christian belongs to God and Jesus, I would happily gladly lay down my life if they asked it of me, no matter the reason.

4. Sheila Lee profile image59
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

Definitely my two children. Without hesitation.

5. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I would give my life for my husband,my son and my grandson. I couldn't bear to not have them in my life and would rather give up my own so that they live. My son is only 30 and has a whole, beautiful life ahead of him and my grandson is only 16 months old....

6. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

Wow, Dave Matthews, you sound like a suicide bomber.......

I would give my life to the girl I love. If my death meant she could stay alive.

7. xethonxq profile image67
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Without a doubt it would be my entire family...and then I think it would be a defenseless child.

8. KewlWriter profile image73
    KewlWriterposted 6 years ago

I guess most people would do that for family and I would also say my mom and my brother. However dysfunctional, my mom's love means a lot to me and my brother is like my best friend so yea..

9. Blond Logic profile image96
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

My two children, no one else. I love others but I wouldn't  give my life up for them. Although my ex used to say, he would die for me. This I thought was unnecessary and melodramatic. Perhaps he was being honest. Who knows.

In the end, I hope I die before my children because that would be a pain, I wouldn't want to bear.

10. RighterOne profile image61
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

@ Jesus = hippie: suicide bombers take the lives of others, whereas I was referring more to giving it for the sake of saving someone else.

@ all: great responses! Keep them coming - I think that it's very beneficial to discuss such deep, private issues in the public sphere.

My answer: I would mainly give my life fighting for the truth, or 'the cause' - but that would be my own cause, not some religious mantra.

In other words, if I would be thrust into a situation where I would need to take a principled stand based on what I know is right - for me, my family and children, the rest of humanity, in that order.

I would take that stand, and if I'm killed during such a stand, i would go gladly and consider it an honorable death that others could look to as a positive example.

Of course, I would also give my life for my loved ones and some friends - but depending on the situation.

11. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

That's always a tough one to answer. I'd definately give up my life for my daughter...but she would have no parents and no home without me, so would that be selfish? And I think I love my baby girl too much to give my own life up for anyone else, because she needs me. If I had only a split second to think about it though, I think I'd be foolish enough to risk my life for anyone.

working