jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What are the attributes of a best friend?

1. annart profile image86
    annartposted 6 years ago

What are the attributes of a best friend?

Is it being a good listener, giving advice, telling you what to do, knowing you well, sharing.....?

2. sublimegurl439 profile image64
    sublimegurl439posted 6 years ago

Its being there for them when they need a shoulder to cry on, being there for when they just need someone to listen, being there for when things go bad. My best friend and I have been friends for almost 11 years and I see her more as family than anything. She knows me so well and I love that about her.

3. Sheila Lee profile image60
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

For myself, a best friend is someone I trust implicitly. They listen, yes, that is important. They give advice that is beneficial for me, not just their opinion. They are there for me when I need someone to talk to. They don't judge me. They accept me for who I am.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Probably many but I think that the most important one is to keep his mind out your busines.

5. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

They need to be trustworthy, along with being loyal and honest and be willing to tell it to me straight.

6. Swetankraj profile image67
    Swetankrajposted 6 years ago

In one word- FAITH. Faith and belief is the only attributes of a best friend.

7. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

if you have never read the books or even watched the movies, i suggest reading or watching Lord Of The Rings and studying Samwise Gamgee...he was a true friend in every sense of the word. he was loyal, he listened and encouraged, he knew the worst and loved deeply anyways. he would defend his friend to the death if need be. while he was a made up character, he embodies all the attributes that i most admire in a person and strive to be mtself.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
      tlmcgaa70posted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you

8. JamesPoppell profile image83
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

A best friend is one who has integrity and someone you can trust. He or she is always there for you in the good times as well as the bad times.

9. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Integrity is important to me. I also think brutal honesty and unconditional support are critical attributes.

10. jirel profile image69
    jirelposted 6 years ago

Best friend is the one who can be called your better half.But in today's world it's quite difficult to find one.The one whom you call your best friend should be able to understand your feelings, be trustworthy and most importantly love you.A best friend is the one who can always lead you to a good direction.Despite how bad you are, your best friend is always there beside you, helping you to be a good person.A best friend is always proud to be your friend.These are the attriubutes of a best friend.