jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If a person cheat more then once can you forgive and stay with them?

1. profile image50
    kimh2006posted 6 years ago

If a person cheat more then once can you forgive and stay with them?

i would like to know for myself

2. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Yes, but it depends on what they do. They have to make amends like their life depends on it. They have to create a miracle that changes their own life and the lives of those around them. By this, they show they are strong enough to leave their great sin behind.

The great sin, no matter what the specific, physical action, is one of allowing temptation to control them. The temptation can be one of lust, rage or any other dark emotion or physical distraction.

Sometimes, though, it is good to give them some distance so they can find the strength and not to use yourself or others as a crutch.

Always give unconditional love, but wisely. Sometimes it is tough love, sometimes it is distant love, but it remains strong love, nonetheless. By "love," I don't mean physical, biochemical feeling or reaction to stimuli; I'm talking about unselfish caring and compassion despite anything they do.

By all means leave, if that is the best thing to do. And don't stay out of habit or misguided feelings based on memories. What you do can help them change if done wisely.

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

'If a person...' (Singular) '..stay with them.' (Plural)  Just home many cheaters are you talking about, one or many?

4. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Oh come on, this is what you should do (drum roll) "DUMP HIM/HER!!!!!!!!"

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think, depending on the situation, I could forgive once but with the caveat that if it EVER happened again - the relationship would be over, period.  No second chances.

6. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

Since it never happened to me, I am not sure because I don't know how hurting it will be. But if he did cheat 2 times what is that trying to show? If I forgave him the first time when he said "sorry I will not do it again" but he repeated it, can I trust him again easily?
    Though it hurts me the first time,I took him back despite the pain in my heart. I thought he was sincere. I pitied him and I tried so much to forget my broken heart.
    This second time I am more fragile and it seems I cannot bear it anymore. I'm sure i will lost my trust and I don't know if I can restore it back.

It is easy to say forgive him, and yes I can with passing of time but forgiving is different from taking him back.

The only reason I will take him back is if I am madly in love and still die for his love. Maybe I will follow my emotion. But if my love for him will be killed by the wounds he inflicted in my heart, if this time my brain will function more than my heart... I may not take him back because he committed fornication towards me

And I will not feel guilty since the Bible approves of it @ Matt19;9 says,"I say to YOU that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.”

7. Sheila Lee profile image59
    Sheila Leeposted 6 years ago

I agree with duffsmom. Can forgive once, but it happens again that's it. You know the saying "Fool me once...."

working