Should Your Lover and Your Best Friend Be friends?

1. marshaleepinnock profile image60
    marshaleepinnockposted 6 years ago

Should Your Lover and Your Best Friend Be friends?

2. Ore N. Mavro profile image60
    Ore N. Mavroposted 6 years ago

They should, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite to a "proper" relationship. Also, people should keep in mind that friendship is a thing that is done by two parties, not one. If one party doesn't want it, or doesn't want to invest in it (such as not be respectful, among other things) forcing a "friendship" (see also: frenemy) would only be detrimental to all parties involved.

3. sen.sush23 profile image60
    sen.sush23posted 6 years ago

Yes. They should be. It would be a kind of double checking on the relationship quotient. Particularly your love relation. A best friend is usually a relation, who knows everything about you, so far as to be able to judge whether you are going to be allergic to something or not. I mean that as a metaphor but yes, he or she will know immediately if you have been swept off your feet by an infatuation, that will wear out soon. If your best friend does not take too kindly to your lover, it is a sign of problem in one of the two relations. Either he is not your best friend but harboring and hiding his amorous possessiveness from you, or your lover is not the right guy for you. Please take this with a pinch of salt, for it is my personal opinion, and I am not a psychiatrist.

working