jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What selfless act(s) have you done lately?

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

What selfless act(s) have you done lately?

2. Hyphenbird profile image89
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

I sent food to a couple of people who were hungry. They had not eaten in 2 days. I do not know them but someone else told me and my heart was saddened so I sent food to them.
    Also I sheltered a little boy when the tornado hit a couple weeks ago. He was home alone and scared when the wall was blown in. He ran to our home and we comforted him until his mom could get to here.

3. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Dearest Turtlewoman,

By telling you of these things, I WOULD be calling attention to myself.

Not knowing what your spiritual outlook is, I will first share mine........I am a Christian, and we are warned, to not " boast of our alms" or good deeds.

It detracts from the giving spirit, if we do them, just to make ourselves look compassionate.

I will share this......I work in a senior living center.   I am surrounded by forgotten, set aside people.........sometimes their families have " parked" them in our facility, to await their death.    I do, honestly, try to bring a smile, or offer a touch to each and every person in my charge.   Sometimes, it  is quite emotionally draining......I go home TIRED.

But on the next morning, I put the smile on and go with gladness in my heart, just to see that some of them have survived yet another lonely night!

I do not know that this is " selfless"...perhaps if I were truly selfless......I would take them all home with me!....I only know, that in retail, I was not expected to see such human suffering.

4. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

I have really purposed myself to be more of a giver during 2012 and have had many opportunities to do so in various ways.

I'm working on becoming more attentive to the needs of those around me as I  walk out my faith in humility, love, forgiveness, grace, and mercy.

5. soconfident profile image82
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

Took the car out and everyone at home did'nt have a way to get anything to eat.

working