jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which is more lasting "love at first sight" or "love develops"?

1. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

Which is more lasting "love at first sight" or "love develops"?

Love at first sight has an instant surge of emotions that keep you awake at night and which grabs your appetite; it's an intense desire to be with the object of your love; whereas "love develops" is a gradual development of a loving feeling towards someone and this happens with cnstant exposure with each other.

2. MichaelStonehill profile image61
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

Either love at first sight which develops or love which develops into love at first sight.

3. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

The heart speaks a language no words can capture, so there is no possible answer to your question of which one is better. Only the heart knows.

4. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

There is nothing call love in first sight, only lust in first sight and the thing about lust in first sight is that...well...after you had sex what else is left there, nothing.  So I vote in favor of "love develop" to be a more reliable one

5. Sue B. profile image98
    Sue B.posted 6 years ago

For me, it was love at first sight and then a love that developed and deepened over time with my husband of over 5 years.  But, I think we take the phrase "love at first sight" for granted.  I think when we have a spark and an initial mutual attraction before we actually truly fall in love with someone, we believe it was love at first sight.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I think (who) you fall in love with is more important than how long it took you to fall in love. Having said that it's probably best to really get to know someone before becoming emotionally invested.
    Dating is really about exploring the possibilities and determining if a person is someone you want to have an exclusive relationship with or possibly spend the rest of your life with. Since most people are out to "impress" one another in the beginning of a "new relationship" it usually takes awhile to get to know the "real person".

7. tgopfrich profile image80
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

I think both can be equally lasting. As long as you take care of your relationship. Water it everyday and watch it grow stronger and stronger.

8. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago

"Love at first sight" is an act of heart and "love develops" is an act of head working in tandem with heart. I would say, if only we can allow "love at sight" to "develop" over a period of time with due counseling from the head, then it can definitely last and be wonderful!

9. rdsparrowriter profile image85
    rdsparrowriterposted 6 years ago

I don't believe in 'love at first sight' since it's only attraction ... but when you get to know a person only you experience love .. simply spending quality time together and working to grow in love smile

10. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Well I married the slow-to-love instead of my love-at-first-sight and ended up in a passionless situation years later (i.e. divorce). I don't know that the passionate one would have lasted either, but maybe it would have been more fun?