This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should we try not to wear our feelings on our shoulder?

1. rosemarie1113 profile image62
    rosemarie1113posted 6 years ago

Should we try not to wear our feelings on our shoulder?

2. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

There are times where showing our emotions is an asset. Other times, it can be a liability.

Showing emotions is appropriate people we trust and when vulnerablity is needed. For example, when discussing our feelings with a close loved one, showing that we are willing to be vulnerable helps build trust. It also allows us to express our feelings versus holding them in.

When people have not shown themselves to be trustworthy, it can be best to be more guarded with our feelings.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Some people simply do.........

Personally, I do not.

There are those like "them", and there are those like " me".

Personally, and very personally, speaking,

keep the negative ( the BS ) to yourself.   I have a goal, and I do not need your distractions.

I am your coworker.............share these things with your trusted, and valued friends.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 6 years ago

With certain people you can let your feelings show, but even then you have to realize when they've heard enough. With other people, you should be very careful what you reveal. If you're not sure you can trust them don't let them in.

working