Are Men less aggressive asking women out in the real world now that Online Datin

1. Competitor82 profile image62
    Competitor82posted 6 years ago

Are Men less aggressive asking women out in the real world now that Online Dating is more  accepted?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6212312_f260.jpg

2. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

I think so. I have noticed a lack of hutzpah in men when meeting in person and no dearth of hutzpah online. I think the anonymity gives a man courage. That might sound like a bonus initially but when you look at the flip-side, no courage in person, it really is a sad state of affairs. I have also noticed that online dating has increased both gender's ability to date without making relationship and to avoid accountability with mutual friends. Anything goes because you have no friends in common and no one to nudge, nudge toward more honorable behavior. That said, i still think that meeting people online has real benefits, especially for older people. We are too busy with our careers and too "been there done that" for the bar scene. Online dating opens great possibility for meeting great people who would not ordinarily be "meet-able."

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I believe you have a point. It is far more easier to deal with rejection via a website than face to face. By the same token dating sites also gives both genders the opportunity to approach each other in higher numbers. A woman is more likely to approach a man using her screen name online then she would in public.
    Another fact about dating sites is people put their profiles up there because they are "looking" to meet others! It takes the guess work out of it compared to meeting someone out in public. You don't know if they are married, in love with someone, or taking a break from relationships. Not knowing increases your odds of being rejected. At some point as we get older standing in line to get into some over crowded nightclub, sitting around in a piano bar lounge looking at the door way, counting on family and friends to introduce you to someone, or joining various hobby clubs and taking classes with the hope of one day meeting "the one" gets old, time consuming, and expensive. People would rather stay home scan profiles and reach out to multiple people that interest them and see what becomes of it.

working