jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How to get out of embarrassing situations?

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

How to get out of embarrassing situations?

2. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Gracefully and quietly, without emphasizing it and without embarrassing the other people.

3. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

Make a joke of yourself or just get on with your business like nothing happened, that too is acceptable.

4. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Laughing at yourself for the embarrassing situation is probably the best thing you can do if you can't get out of it discreetly or quietly.  I have had many situations where I would laugh and says, "Oops! My bad!" and try to make it a joke. Most of the time, it worked.

5. KateWest profile image76
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

The biggest lesson I learned from improv is to embrace failure and to be OK with looking foolish. Be comfortable enough to laugh about it and then move on. Making mistakes is the only way to learn.

6. relawshe profile image71
    relawsheposted 6 years ago

I think unfortunately, there are times when you will look foolish and there's nothing you can do about it, so it's best to simply embrace that moment.  It usually helps to laugh about it and make a joke out of it, if you can.  It will still be embarassing and it won't really solve anything, but it may end up looking like you did it on purpose, which may help alleviate the embarassment.  Either way, laughter almost always helps lighten any situation, and folks will probably remember you by the way you defused the situation and handled it with grace, not that you embarassed yourself in the first place.

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Realize that it happens to everyone, and gracefully move to the next segment of your life.  It's okay to laugh at yourself, but do move on.

8. rishweby profile image51
    rishwebyposted 6 years ago

Putting humor into the situation is the best act you can perform at the particular moment. Also you can get out of the situation by making an excuse of business or some.

9. pharuk temmy t profile image37
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

Honestly speaking, its not going to be as easy as anyone could say" just move on and forget it" Embarrassment is like a piece of cow shit beside the plate of the food, if you clean it and continue eating if you get your face off it, can you get your mind of it? Best thing to do is just feel sorry for as long as you keep thinking about it until time wipe it from your thought while you don't let it affect other things... Its not what you can just decide on.

10. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 6 years ago

I admit it, I I have used my "condition"... Oh Im kinda dizzy- I gotta go sit down. Maybe I'll grab my shest wince a little and say please excuse me...a couple deep breathes a pained look... it goes from embarrassing to concern in 3 seconds ...onestly Ive only used it ...twice...