jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you and your spouse split household chores or do you?

1. grinnin1 profile image81
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

How do you and your spouse split household chores or do you?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We share quite a bit of the work, but I have to say have different standards and different opinions on what "clean" is.  Seriously though, lately my fibromyalgia has been so bad, I am almost housebound and my husband has stepped up big time.

Either one of us will step in and do dishes or vacuuming so we haven't really discussed who does what. Well, I do the laundry - even though he has a Masters Degree - he really doesn't get the front load washing machine - :-)

3. roxanne459 profile image89
    roxanne459posted 6 years ago

My husband and I split the chores this way. He takes care of the outside and I take care of the inside. We have tried many different arrangements but this works best. smile I have a routine I enjoy and I like things a certain way. So far, our kids' chores are also inside but as they get a little older I'm sure the mower will be calling their names and we will reevaluate our chore arrangement.

4. nemanjaboskov profile image75
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

My girlfriend and me try to always split chores so that she in't doing everything around the house. I often do the dishes, and I help her with the laundry. Also, I do everything that is too hard for her - if there is something heavy to be moved, lifted and so on... However, we generally do not have arguments about household chores. As long as I appreciate what she does, and vice versa, there are no real problems in this department smile